• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RoC and Accusations.... discussion

• Thread starter imported_BlacK RaiN
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Buyers Beware. Always good advice. Veiled accusations are never good though. if you have issues with this Mod action please feel free to read through the RoC. There is an email address there to make your concerns known. *tips hat*

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I agree with this statement 100%

If there are screenshots provided of a vendor pricing items funny (there is no accusation but, a warning to those who are going to be browsing that vendor) is this not acceptable as there is no accusation against another player but, merely the community pointing out an obvious fact?

?

**disclaimer**

This discussion is in no way tied to any other thread but, merely a discussion on the clarification of what is expected on these forums since we do police them in a slightly different manner than others are policed.

~BR

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

I could live with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Kelmo

I tend to agree with Black Rain here. It seems the thread was a valid one, no names were mentioned, just a friendly advice was given. Agreed, with a fairly clear message to the owner of that particular vendor, but most of us don't know who that owner is and perhaps the message was justified. Even if there was no intent, the message can be read as: be more careful when you type the prices, and that too is good advice.

On the other hand, you know all the people here far better than I do, and I have been called naive before
(not by you! You are the bestest, friendliest mod ever)

Kind regards

G

Well there are always issues regarding vendors and prices as well as human error involved in pricings and in buyers not LOOKING carefully before clicking BUY ! Both can merely be sleepy one day too, and not paying attention to prices they are typing or the # 00000 etc in items any of us may be buying.

I would prefer folks contact the vendor operator FIRST before posting any forms of inuendos on these forums.

I do not care whom may be running said vendor in which guild, nor which alliances, nor guild tags...a tired player in a game with no commas in the grand total of anything also can easily make more *or even less* zeros than they had intended to price any items.

In other wards ...contact the vendor operator FIRST shop owner second, so that perhaps if unintentional the extra or shortage of zeros in any items' prices can be corrected by the seller. If one then sees a continuation of weird prices then by all means one should post AFTER contacting vendor home and vendor operator that ...that they just may be messing with us all or something.

Not condoning the practice either, and players have asked for commas in the prices for ages to no avail, it is always *buyer beware* but before condemnation one should check with said operator of vendor and the shops they may work out of to try to let them know that perhaps we seen a *mispricing* on an item above or below the amt. of normal zeros any item should normally go for. . cuz an extra zero is a lot LESS or a LOT more, and very well can be possibly an error...or something afoul. I myself, prefer and would always prefer to offer every one the benefit of doubt first.or privately seeking resolutions first, to see if any can be made before public outcry lynchings.

public lynchings, stoning folks to death with accusations, hardly resolves issues either !

*and I do mean EVERY guild tag, every alliance, and so forth, do not assume every single time that someone is being a jerk, a tired player also can very easily typo too many or too few fricken zeros in a total price of any item, permitting a benefit of doubt before assuming guilt or scam.

When one sees such shinanigans repeatedly ... then one might wish to warn other players here ie shoppers to *be wary* of said shop or vendor in said shop.
But then I pretty much tire of HE SHE is a scumbag screwing over every one, and he saids she saids everyone pointing accusatory fingers at *everyone* else but seldom looking in the mirror of self reflection.

Have we become a shard of only endless lynch mob mentality, trials without jury ? Think that is why there 'are' and have to be, Rules of conduct here for posting!

G

"merely the community pointing out an obvious fact?"

lol already tried that and it was against the RoC.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Well there are always issues regarding vendors and prices as well as human error involved in pricings and in buyers not LOOKING carefully before clicking BUY ! Both can merely be sleepy one day too, and not paying attention to prices they are typing or the # 00000 etc in items any of us may be buying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand the mis-type... but not when its 1 in every stack of different items for sale... that seems a little deliberate, if not... that's a helluva lot of typos...

<blockquote><hr>

I would prefer folks contact the vendor operator FIRST before posting any forms of inuendos on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how do we do that? I don't know how to figure out the owner of a vendor... unless the owner makes it known who they are via some random way...

I just don't know...

G

The shop owner should know whom functions vendors in there via which/whom player chr. they contracted the vendor deed with, if or when we do not know whom owns said vendor..we can easily find out whom owns the vendor home.

Some vh's also run bulletin boards too.

Most of em have to restock sooner or later, we alone hidden there observing now and then, may see whom it is restocking said vendors too, that way too..by observing whom restocks said vendor/s if we can not get ahold of home owner vendor house owner.

Many do post here ..this is my vendor at *insert location here*

At any rate the owner of the house that has to mutually click contracts for vendors to stand at all, ie home owner shop owner would know whom each one is whom...operates the vendors in their establishment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And how do we do that? I don't know how to figure out the owner of a vendor... unless the owner makes it known who they are via some random way...

I just don't know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does any more? Once upon a time, (yes, I am still a newbie, I know) you were who you were. Now it all diferent. Soul Stones. Name changes. *sighs*

Once upon a time, the guilds were small and managable. Now, not so much. it may have been different in the old days of Siege. Or maybe not *chuckles*

This is a different age of gaming. Voice commincation, map coordinates, and yes, all sorts of other enhancements out there.

We could all have a good time here.

H

huylgum

I would like to make a clarification. Firstly Willis and I, Avia/Alovia/Avis Ta'Kier, operate the first shop west of yew gate. It is called the necessity shop. We do not sell heritage tokens. Only Willis or I have vendors in the house. We occasionally will put on one of our vendors a friend's 120 scroll or whatnot.
We do not, or have ever, nor, do we condone, deceptive pricing. We are both fair and scrupulous vendors.
I have no idea who's shop was talked about in the previous locked post but it was said the shop west of yew gate. Since we are the first shop west of yew gate I want to make sure everyone understands it was not the necessity shop.
Also that being said we are human. If we make an obvious priceing error please feel free to icq us.
mine is 463319981
Willis is 329570049
Thanks for the business everyone. We will try to keep it stocked (nearly a full time job) again thanks
Avia Ta'Kier

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I could live with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

George Clooney reaches an agreement with Colonel Sanders?

-Skylark

G

you could always screen shot the picture and put a giant circle around the price.
Then write a caption for the pic that has nothing to do with the vendor.
Thus it just happens to be a picture in the background. Would be a stretch to call that an accusation.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

When I was selling orange petals I mispriced a lot. Typos is a big problem with me and gets worse with my health issues. Ask anyone. My guild chat is horrid. So mispricing happened. I did it repeatedly. My guildies would laugh and tell me to go fix it.

K

Kat SP

After owning vendors for years, I agree, it is very easy to mis-price items. Having said that, I believe yesterday's post on this matter was more of an attempt at a smear campaign than anything else. Note that the post was dripping with sarcasm and assumptions.