• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Robe Transmog... making new versions of EM items...Be careful out there!!!

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was browsing the vendor search on ATL and noticed this robe...
1600996496790.png

Looks like with transmog potions you can use them on a 5-10mil EM item drop with the 50-60mil potion to create new versions of EM items....and I believe they were asking 200mil bid 500mil buyout for the item.

Keep an eye out there when buying your robes!!!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the potion was not supposed to work on em items right?

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Curious on how this works. I thought with this potion you could only move items to those with stats? (Pardon my ignorance)

How exactly can you change the old EM robe to a hooded shroud? Looks like in the example this is also dyeable, or does it retain hue from the original item? (Can we test these on Test Center?)

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before they took it down, the transmog transition was taking over the whole name to a new item so not sure if that works currently or if fixed when they took it down.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Curious on how this works. I thought with this potion you could only move items to those with stats? (Pardon my ignorance)

How exactly can you change the old EM robe to a hooded shroud? Looks like in the example this is also dyeable, or does it retain hue from the original item? (Can we test these on Test Center?)
Transmog.jpg
you click the left arrow (next to Set Source Object)
and target the item with the stats (like Hawkwinds Robe)

you click set Destination Object
and target the item that you want the stats to go to.
The color of this item will be the final item you receive.

if you purchase the potion, you can char copy with it in your inventory.
And if you don't like it, then you can do another char copy the next day.

========================

Some examples of what I've done with it...

HawkwindEveningGown.jpg

Parrot.jpg

if you transfer epaulette's to a parrot, then it retains the crest of blackthorn
but the name of the parrot changes to the char using the potion
(I discovered this by char copy to TC)

The parrot has the ability to fly.
You get it to fly by double clicking it.
The parrot flys in a circle around you.

You will not see the parrot on your char.
However, you can see it on your paperdoll.

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
@Cinderella - Super helpful! I think the experimentation with character copy is what I was thinking - just means you have to buy one. Wasn’t sure if you could get one somehow on test without it. Appreciate it. :)