• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] RNG smiled on me yesterday

B

Beastmaster

Having not seen any posts from Legendary Fishermen suggesting they are still questing and also nothing on part 6 of the dragonfish book series (if it exists), I decided yesterday to return to questing. I've been home sick since Tuesday, so I had time on my hands. I had stopped doing quests as soon as I got my 120 scroll so I had to start fresh by getting a few orders.
I sailed over to the Jhelom/Skara/Trinsic server and got those 3. I then proceeded to fill or hold the orders just as I had done before, trying to minimize the crustacean requests and increase the dungeon fish requests. In total I filled 34 orders. I didn't have to do any fishing/crabbing since I have a nice stockpile from my trips searching for rares.
To my dismay I couldn't get the rewards I sought, namely the part 6 book, a bait I didn't have already, or a powerscroll. My 29th order was the best I got all day and included 3 lines of 20 dungeon fish, 10 crabs, and 2 lines of 15 shallows, a 110 score order. I held it to the end. Tired of questing I turned it in and cha-ching there it was, a nice bright white powerscroll. Moused over it and woohoo! a 120.

So yes the RNG smiled on me yesterday. Here's a picture of my spreadsheet where I track orders.

fishsheet.jpg

LARGER PIC

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great documentation, it gives me a basic idea on what I might get from different orders. Thank you.

I had an order for Vesper just before the server down. I completed it just to check what it will give as a reward: 110 fishing ps. After the server came back, I returned the order again and got a 110 fishing ps, again. Either rng smiled me twice or there are some specific intervals where powerscroll drop is more likely. What do you think?

B

Beastmaster

Great documentation, it gives me a basic idea on what I might get from different orders. Thank you.

I had an order for Vesper just before the server down. I completed it just to check what it will give as a reward: 110 fishing ps. After the server came back, I returned the order again and got a 110 fishing ps, again. Either rng smiled me twice or there are some specific intervals where powerscroll drop is more likely. What do you think?
Interesting experiment! If my schedule were different I'd have to try that a few times myself. Glad you found the data useful. There are a few other older threads here with similar data from other fishers.

I'd still like to see part 6 of the book series, if I don't get one myself, heck I still don't have part 5 but at least we know it's contents. And, I really wouldn't mind landing yet another 120 since that one brought me 50M. :thumbup: