• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RL gun discussion from UHall thread "Savage Empire had guns."

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Umm... that is because the shooters pick areas where guns are not allowed to be carried... eliminate those and once some lunatic fires off a round they would be dropped and the mass shooting averted.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
In recent years the u.s. has had a mass liberal pysh, with radical extremist liberals at the forefront, using purposeful failures to get weapons into the hands of criminally minded gangs and druglords. There was a 'failed" gun walking program under Eric holder as an example, it was called fast and furious, the true intent behind it was to cause more violent crimes involving guns so that liberal gun control laws would seem like the right thing to do. Liberals are all about cause and effect, and all for limiting personal freedoms. I'm for people who are on a credible no fly list or personal violent crime history being denied some of their societal 'rights', or 'TIMELY' indepth background checks being required, but liberals should not be involved in any capacity in the definition of the term 'timely' in the legal sense. For no reason should mentally stable, tax paying contributors to society be denied the right bare arms. And there are plenty of independent studies which show many countries with 'robust' gun control laws are questioning some of their regulations. Mass crime sprees in Europe are on the rise, (I'll leave that for personal study so as not to offend people more than i already unintentionally do), and I've watched several incidents in Germany and France where attackers freely distributed ammunition and homemade improvised explosive devices to unarmed civilian targets. Many 'civilized' countries are not prepare to deal with some of their current problems, and while the solution is not as easy as openly selling firearms to anybody who wants one, it is definitely not helping anyone to take weapons away from capable and intelligent law abiding citizens who value the safety of their loved ones and homes.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@The Craftsman ... and no disrespect intended here.. I just at times do not know how to say things in a "touchy feely" "pc" kind of way...

A person who has never enjoyed the freedoms in the States (or used to enjoy at any rate) can never truly understand what it is to be free. I have no idea where you are actually from, but by your posts, and pic I would guess somewhere in the EU,... and if I am wrong, my apologies sir. But, those who are raised in areas such as that are just like fleas in a jar... You take a bunch of fleas, put them in a jar with a lid and they will jump and bash into the lid. They will do this repeatedly for a good while. If you listen closely you can hear them "plink" off the lid. After a few hours or days, you will no longer hear the "plink". You can take the lid off the jar and not a single flea will be able to jump out of it because they finally accept the limit that is placed on them as being "normal" or "how things should be".. so they do not strive for what was normal prior to that situation. They accept the new limit put on them as being "how things should be"...

One of the things that is wrong with America is that our "leaders" actually care what foreign Goobermeants, and foreign individuals think when it comes to the freedoms in our country. I am not among them. I could not care less what people who are not American Citizens think of what the freedoms in our country are. Why? Because we have fought wars to get out from under their style of "rule", "liberty" and "freedoms"...

The only thing that will stop the spread of the attacks by Radical Islamists is to get even more and better firepower into the hands of citizens who have the training and balls to stop them once they begin their lunacy... and that holds true world wide.. why do you think a LOT of countries are now arming citizens and training citizens in the war torn areas that ISIS are very active in? To arm and train them.. and not arm and train your own citizens borders on lunacy....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It can happen in any country. But its far far more likely to happen (and does ... far more frequently) in a country like america where guns are more readily available. Hows being able to defend yourself with a firearm working out for you over the last few decades? Not very well judging by the numbers killed and the volume of mass shootings. As a deterrant its failing. As a defence measure its failing. Its a myth that arming the masses gives them any security. The opposite happens as there is a huge increase in incidents where guns are readily available.

Im done with this conversation. Keep your asinine outdated rights and keep shooting the hell out of your kids.
First off we didn't shoot our kids. I take offense to that. A man who was determined to kill succeeded. Would laws preventing him to obtain a gun stop him from killing people? Unfortunately no. That's the funny thing about mankind, we're a determined bunch. Most of the time that is a good trait, unfortunately sometimes not so much. Does the US have to Reexamine it's screening system, yes it does. Don't be fooled though. Laws don't stop people like this. Ironically the one thing that does stop them is the very thing you are asking us to give up.