• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Risk of breaking bow if enhanced with Ash after Imbuing?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

how high is the risk of breaking a bow imbued to maximum intensity when you enhanced it with Ash wood afterwards?

Thanks

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a test on the test center with a gargoyle, but you should keep in mind resists on weapons and durability and other properties affect the risk as well as SSI.

DI 40 SSI 0 : risk 100(1-25/28) = ~11%
DI 40 SSI 20 : risk 100(1-11/18) = ~39%
DI 40 SSI 25 : risk = 100(1-14/18) = ~22%

Small sample size, but I would guess the risk of breaking is close to 50% at maximum SSI.

-Lorax

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know percntages but its the highest chance iv encountered out of all the prefessions. Id say 50% of the bows i enhance after imbuing break, apposed to 80% with carpentry and smith tailor in the middle respectivly.

Thunderz

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is all up to the RNG, which I HATE. But..

I wished to do this for my Demon Created and Imbued Comp Bow sooo. i wnet ahead and made 5 comp bow imbued Demon and maxed out some other skills and then went and enhanced with a wood the wood to increase the SSI and got VERY VERY lucky and enhanced after breaking only 2 so i had 2 very nice imbued demon slayer which i turned around and gave one away and sold the other.

Yes there is a HIGH risk and the reward, well it isn't really worth it but if you have tre resources go for it.

The most expensive items were all the powders of fort I had to use to bring 5 bows up to par.

:popcorn: