• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rising Tide On Test Center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The changes made to the mechanics that go into cannon firing and cannon resource crafting were created because of Player Feedback. If you want to make UO better then talk to the developers like many do. Or you can whine here about how they do not listen.

Rising Tide TC Release 1 – Ultima Online Info here.

upload_2019-2-6_15-57-33.png

Im sure there will be a news break soon.

You need to patch to play!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader:I love it all! :cheerleader:

Veteran Rewards
  • New veteran rewards have been added to the veteran reward system!
  • Water Wheel – 10th Year
    • House addon that can be placed on existing house addon water features, such as the koi pond
    • Functions as a water source
  • Tinker Bench – 7th Year
    • Power tool for tinkering that allows tinkering
    • Stores up to 5000 charges
  • Embroidery Tool – 5th Year
    • Can be used to embroider clothing items
    • Recharge via NPC tinkers
  • Repair Bench – 5th Year
    • House addon that can store and use repair deeds from all crafting systems
    • Stores up to 500 charges per skill
  • Statuettes – can be turned on & off by double clicking and play a sound when approached
    • Krampus – 1st Year
    • Khal Ankur – 2nd Year
    • Krampus Minion – 3rd Year

Water Wheel! Need I say more

Easy repairing. Can this be made so anyone can use? All Rune Librairies will have one!!!!

Hmm what is embroidering? Sounds interesting!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of this was the result of Player Feedback. We wanted just one size cannon so instead of just turning them all into the large cannon, they made them 2 artwork and names.

Ship Cannon Crafting & Firing Update
  • Harvesting saltpeter in Felucca now applies a 1000 point luck bonus where it previously did not.
  • Alchemists who sell saltpeter have been added to the Moonglow & Britain docks.
  • Match & Matchchord have been removed from alchemy crafting and are no longer needed in the cannon use process.
    • The match can still be used to fire a cannon
    • Match & match chord can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points
  • Crafting potash no longer requires water as an ingredient, instead crafters must be near a water source which includes the water trough, water tub, water barrel, bucket of water, fountain of life, sinks, dragon tubs, dragon turtle fountains, koi ponds, and the water wheel.
  • Potash now functions as a “make all” item and will craft as much as possible based on available ingredients.
  • The following changes have been made to existing cannon resources,
    • “light” and “heavy” powder charges are now simply “powder charge”
    • “light” and “heavy” cannonballs are now simply “cannonball”
    • “light” and “heavy” grapeshot is now simply “grapeshot”
    • “light” and “heavy” frost and flame cannonballs are now simply “frost cannonball” and “flame cannonball”
    • updated tileart for powder charge to make it more visually distinctive from cannonballs
    • updated tileart for grapeshot to make it more visually distinctive from powder charges
  • The following changes have been made to cannons & associated resources,
    • All existing cannons must be dismantled and replaced before use after Publish 104 is deployed.
    • The “light cannon” is now known as “culverin”
    • The “heavy cannon” is now known as “carronade”
    • Polished art assets for cannons to make them more visually distinctive
    • The metallic dyetub can now be used on placed cannons to hue them
    • Cannons are now containers, resources for firing cannons can be placed inside them in what is referred to as the “magazine”
  • The following changes have been made to the cannon firing process,
    • Cleaning a cannon is no longer required and the swab has been removed from tinkering. Existing swabs can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points.
    • When double clicking a cannon the firing control has two options “PREP” and “FIRE”
      • A player must be within 2 tiles to execute this action
    • Place cannon firing resources inside the magazine and push the “PREP” button to begin the cannon firing process. Resources will be taken from the magazine.
      • Only 1 player may participate in preparing the cannon for firing.
    • Cannons will automatically move through each step in the “PREP” process so long as resources are present in the magazine.
      • This process will continue so long as the player is present on the ship, if the player leaves the ship the process will pause.
    • Cannons can now be fired with a match or a torch, as such torches will no longer auto-douse when placed in the backpack.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Glad to see the Tinker add-on - back at the 20th anniversary meetup, they were surprised when we asked for one, because they thought they'd completed the add-ons, not remembering that the "Tinker table" wasn't a crafting tool, but a mean of summoning a temporary golem.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think some decorators will not like this.

Bug Fixes
  • The interior decorator will no longer allow players to increase “house only” tiles pass their height restrictions.
  • Reduced lag within the Despise champion spawn.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vet reward furniture like items are so nice! Ty to artists! I will use them as furniture.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Added “Enable Legible Journal” option to the Classic Client under the display menu which makes any new journal text more legible.

Yes! Finally!

My eyes thank you.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
All of this was the result of Player Feedback. We wanted just one size cannon so instead of just turning them all into the large cannon, they made them 2 artwork and names.

Ship Cannon Crafting & Firing Update
  • Harvesting saltpeter in Felucca now applies a 1000 point luck bonus where it previously did not.
  • Alchemists who sell saltpeter have been added to the Moonglow & Britain docks.
  • Match & Matchchord have been removed from alchemy crafting and are no longer needed in the cannon use process.
    • The match can still be used to fire a cannon
    • Match & match chord can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points
  • Crafting potash no longer requires water as an ingredient, instead crafters must be near a water source which includes the water trough, water tub, water barrel, bucket of water, fountain of life, sinks, dragon tubs, dragon turtle fountains, koi ponds, and the water wheel.
  • Potash now functions as a “make all” item and will craft as much as possible based on available ingredients.
  • The following changes have been made to existing cannon resources,
    • “light” and “heavy” powder charges are now simply “powder charge”
    • “light” and “heavy” cannonballs are now simply “cannonball”
    • “light” and “heavy” grapeshot is now simply “grapeshot”
    • “light” and “heavy” frost and flame cannonballs are now simply “frost cannonball” and “flame cannonball”
    • updated tileart for powder charge to make it more visually distinctive from cannonballs
    • updated tileart for grapeshot to make it more visually distinctive from powder charges
  • The following changes have been made to cannons & associated resources,
    • All existing cannons must be dismantled and replaced before use after Publish 104 is deployed.
    • The “light cannon” is now known as “culverin”
    • The “heavy cannon” is now known as “carronade”
    • Polished art assets for cannons to make them more visually distinctive
    • The metallic dyetub can now be used on placed cannons to hue them
    • Cannons are now containers, resources for firing cannons can be placed inside them in what is referred to as the “magazine”
  • The following changes have been made to the cannon firing process,
    • Cleaning a cannon is no longer required and the swab has been removed from tinkering. Existing swabs can be turned in for Cleanup Britannia points.
    • When double clicking a cannon the firing control has two options “PREP” and “FIRE”
      • A player must be within 2 tiles to execute this action
    • Place cannon firing resources inside the magazine and push the “PREP” button to begin the cannon firing process. Resources will be taken from the magazine.
      • Only 1 player may participate in preparing the cannon for firing.
    • Cannons will automatically move through each step in the “PREP” process so long as resources are present in the magazine.
      • This process will continue so long as the player is present on the ship, if the player leaves the ship the process will pause.
    • Cannons can now be fired with a match or a torch, as such torches will no longer auto-douse when placed in the backpack.
NICE!!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No new mounts :( The Water Wheel is bugged in EC, you can't see it at times. Love the look of the 2 new tables (tinker & repair deeds). New statues are cool too, but you can't turn them.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested the change to ship cannons on TC and I must admit they did a good job. Clicky in Brit Commons gives you everything you need (except for a torch) to test it out.. You load the new cannons with charges, fuses and cannonballs (or grapeshot) then click on Prep and it goes through the whole process of loading it (complete with messages), then you click on Fire. Very simple and a LOT less clicking. You can even dry dock your boat with the items still in the cannons. Love the changes. Haven't gone through the process of creating anything yet...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No new mounts :( The Water Wheel is bugged in EC, you can't see it at times. Love the look of the 2 new tables (tinker & repair deeds). New statues are cool too, but you can't turn them.
All animated objects are bugged in the EC and you can't see them when you have your Circle of Transparency turned on... it's completely stupid... they need to fix the way the CoT works in the EC and make it work FAR better like the CC and be scalable like the CC one is... @Bleak !

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All animated objects are bugged in the EC and you can't see them when you have your Circle of Transparency turned on... it's completely stupid... they need to fix the way the CoT works in the EC and make it work FAR better like the CC and be scalable like the CC one is... @Bleak !
I agree with this about the CoT. When I returned and started using EC I was confused as to why this was totally different than the CC version.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the repair deed table just hold the deeds?and you pull out the one you need? Or when loaded, does the table itself act as a tool to do the repair?
I might love this =)
No more trips to the bowyer's to repair a bow

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The repair table is broken, I updated a feedback discussion on the "official" forum. The way it works is you fill it with repair deeds from all the crafting skills (supposed to hold 500 of each). Then when you want to repair something you use the bench, select which skill you need to repair the item with, target the item and it repairs it. No need to journey to Luna to use deeds. However; I failed 10 out of 10 times on everything I tried with the exception of blacksmith (guess that's all they tested). The durability went down on each failure but I failed every time, even with items that still had 130/250 durability on them. Also you have to take the item off and place it in your back pack to repair it. As a bonus the bench disappeared on me lol and I don't mean the CoT EC bug, the bench was gone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The repair table is broken, I updated a feedback discussion on the "official" forum. The way it works is you fill it with repair deeds from all the crafting skills (supposed to hold 500 of each). Then when you want to repair something you use the bench, select which skill you need to repair the item with, target the item and it repairs it. No need to journey to Luna to use deeds. However; I failed 10 out of 10 times on everything I tried with the exception of blacksmith (guess that's all they tested). The durability went down on each failure but I failed every time, even with items that still had 130/250 durability on them. Also you have to take the item off and place it in your back pack to repair it. As a bonus the bench disappeared on me lol and I don't mean the CoT EC bug, the bench was gone.
Well that'll need to be fixed... good thing they got plenty of time as the publish isn't supposed to be out till March.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
10th yr vet reward water wheel.jpg embroidery tool 4th yr.jpg Khal Statue.jpg krampus statue.jpg minion statue.jpg Repair Bench 5th yr.jpg The tool allows you to mark clothing.jpg tinker bench 7th yr.jpg

A friend told me this today;
CinderellaToday at 12:14 PM

i destroyed my repair bench, when i axed it.

I told her to report it as a bug, as far as I know she did

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They got the right idea then, just gotta get the kinks out. Gonna be some pissed off people if they keep losing vet rewards lol.

Putting the item in the pack makes sense, I'm just glad to know we can use it as a tool onsite, and not have to keep running around to repair stuff

If it works as it should, I can see this being a nice addition to my rubble house, and set to public for the customers to use.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I love the embroidery tool too
I cant wait to use it... the only thing is it only has 10 charges...
to recharge it costs 100k and a blue diamond...
(npc tinker)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix posted on the official forums that he found the cause of the problem with items not being repaired and should be fixed with tomorrows patch. Also, if you fill your backpack with the repair deeds, when you click on the add item button, you can target your backpack on your paper doll and it loads them all (at least on EC). AWESOME..l

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Takes twice as much ammo to scuttle a ship than before --- why?
We complain about how much work it is to make ammo and it's changed to a bit simpler but now it's double the amount to scuttle a ship?
I've only done pirate ships but I assume it's on the others too.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We complain about how much work it is to make ammo and it's changed to a bit simpler but now it's double the amount to scuttle a ship?
It's going to be adjusted, Kyronix mentioned it on TC when he came to check out why my ship was stuck when i bound a pirate.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what if you load the repair table with a combination of GM repair deeds and legendary repair deeds - how does it know which one to use

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m not happy, even if it is fixed. We didn't need cannon mechanics changed, and we didn't need an Easy button for firing them, we simply needed to be able to make them in a timely fashion, all he changed was the potash headache.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what if you load the repair table with a combination of GM repair deeds and legendary repair deeds - how does it know which one to use
You dbl click the table, it puts up a menu you choose from

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The waterwheel is nice. I will claim one, for sure!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad they didn't give the Water Wheel a different function in place of water source. A Water trough has the same function only difference is Cosmetics.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To bad they didn't give the Water Wheel a different function in place of water source. A Water trough has the same function only difference is Cosmetics.
Can you suggest another function? Perhaps it could be enhanced...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Water Wheel can be used to generate power. Time to bring on the Steampunk Era in UO. Its the next logical evolution :danceb::banana::troll::thumbsup::thumbup1::lol: