• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rings & Bracelets

G

At the moment I am 59.2 taming, however I use a ring that gives +9 and a bracelet that gives +11 taming. My question is, do rings have any downsides when using them to train with?

I

imported_Sarphus

gains are solely based on how likely it was for you to successfully tame a creature. If your +skill jewlery takes you beyond the sweet spot for gaining off a creature type, the jewlery will hinder your gains.

G

Ok thanks, guess I shouldn't be using them to tame bears Lol

F

frodofeet

I believe it will also adversely affect your GGS (Guaranteed Gain). At 59 skill you are guaranteed to gain at least 0.1 skill in taming every 2.7 hours. With the jewellery on taking it to 79 skill you are only guaranteed to gain 0.1 every 11.8 hours.

Not so good while training up, but the advantage of the jewellery is being able to tame & control pets beyond that which your base level would normally allow.