• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ring of oblivion?

D

Dannyboy

Posted this in the auction section but realized it might of not been the right place to post. I did an Idoc last night , just outside of umbra to the north. It looks like the area was a rp community or something (order of the ebony skull I believe). But I found an item called the ring of oblivion, which has no stats and is blessed. Just curious to see if anyone knows anything about it. Like is it worth keeping hold of, an old event item ect?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that hallistar marner has the other three of those in his collection at the Britannian Repertory Library. He might know the story behind them.

D

Dannyboy

Can anyone put me in touch, would be nice to get rid of it to someone who could keep it on show and preserve the history rather than some collector who will hide it away :) That is if it's anything special to begin with.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Ring of Oblivion will be on display shortly alongside its peers.

A huge thank you to Dannyboy for preserving history, the Ring of Oblivion is certainly a special item. It was truly quite refreshing to see someone who puts shard history before profit.

D

Dannyboy

Big thank you to Bennu for pointing me in the right direction. And at risk of turning this thread into a cheese fest, thank you Halister for your honesty and generosity! Gentleman and scholar!

Happy to see it in the museum with the others :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Britannian Repertory is honestly and truly my favorite place in UO. Not for its beauty (Even though it is beautiful), not for it's location, but because it stands as a monument to all that Atlantic has been over the past 15 years. There are stories of forgotten Seers, long departed friends, dreaded enemies, and everything in between. If anyone ever wanted to know what Atlantic was about I would send them there. The stories there... both EA driven and player driven all intertwine into a beautiful web of history.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an OES character and was going to offer to buy the ring to keep it in the town. (I was away from the game for a while but kept my oes house up, for excess storage and to preserve the charnel hill area) Thankyou Dannyboy and Halister for saving the ring, from, ironically the "oblivion" of sorts of game decay. Good to see it is in a safe place and know where it ended up.