• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ring from an idoc

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep it for yourself... I'm pvm I use cursed items all the time if you die easy enough to get it back.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't see anyone really paying for a cursed ring nowadays. Id say zero worth or maybe give it to a new haven person.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No resale value for cursed items but if it's an item I can use, I equip and use it, because very few monsters loot corpses anymore. If it's a needed LRC item then I carry an insured item in pack in case I can't make it back to corpse before decay. But I only PVM...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't see how people that think that cursed items have no value - I guess prior to insurance everything was worthless, and people were throwing 1/3 jewelry sets and 100 resist armor on the ground because they could be lost when they died.

Then again, the ones saying that are probably PvPers, and that is definitely a PvM ring.

Also, that's a multiple negative item, which means it dates from the first year of the new loot system, and therefore is technically a rare now.

To me, the only high property items with no worth are Antique ones, and then not even always then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't see how people that think that cursed items have no value - I guess prior to insurance everything was worthless, and people were throwing 1/3 jewelry sets and 100 resist armor on the ground because they could be lost when they died.

Then again, the ones saying that are probably PvPers, and that is definitely a PvM ring.

Also, that's a multiple negative item, which means it dates from the first year of the new loot system, and therefore is technically a rare now.

To me, the only high property items with no worth are Antique ones, and then not even always then.
Why would you want neg luck and a Bard who cant use masteries with full buff? First time you cant get your body, that thing is gone with no replacement. With 4 skills needed at 120 to make a bard, you will not have room to make a caster and melee toon.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Almost every jewel I wear is antique....except for my sampire. There are a lot of worth in antique jewels. The trade page is full of them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why would you want neg luck and a Bard who cant use masteries with full buff? First time you cant get your body, that thing is gone with no replacement. With 4 skills needed at 120 to make a bard, you will not have room to make a caster and melee toon.
One neg luck piece doesn't wipe out an entire suit. I've seen ZERO effect from having 2000 luck vs. 1000 luck. I'd rather have average luck and a solid suit than high luck and be a glass cannon. Still, the Negative Luck is what devalues the piece, far more than the inability to be blessed or insured. And, the suit being half bard and half warrior type skills doesn't help its value, either.

I've not used bard masteries on my bard/tamer since I got a taming 3 to go with the 120 real taming skill. Note that that's a 3 skill ring, not 4 (and my B/T usually runs with 3 of the 4 bard skills anyway, with most of my equipment bonuses to skills being in Magery). Or course, I rarely used Disco or Peace masteries, and typically used Provo masteries with my 120 natural provo. I'm not saying this was a great piece, just usable to the right person, and possibly valuable to others as a museum piece.

And, again...
So, you're telling me that everyone's game play before AoS was 100% sitting in your house, cowering, afraid to lose any equipment? That's what ANY argument against any and all Cursed items potentially having value is saying. Period.
I've used 1-2 cursed items on some characters for years without losing them. Then again, I'm a PvMer that prefers playing with friends, not solo.