• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sold] .

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all the best jewels are and they last a long time unless you're a samp but i guess some dont pvp
I put an all Antigue max Mana/Int Suit for my Scribe and made 20 Artifact Rune books and lost 5-10 Durability per piece, I think that is a little to much Durability don't you think from just that little work

Nash

Sage
I put an all Antigue max Mana/Int Suit for my Scribe and made 20 Artifact Rune books and lost 5-10 Durability per piece, I think that is a little to much Durability don't you think from just that little work
antique armor no good jewels are fine... they will lose durability from small things but ive used pairs for a year and over just gotta keep up on repairs i usually dont let mine get lower than 35/255 before i repair or whatever the second number is

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
antique armor no good jewels are fine... they will lose durability from small things but ive used pairs for a year and over just gotta keep up on repairs i usually dont let mine get lower than 35/255 before i repair or whatever the second number is
I just find it interesting that just making 20 Runic Atlases that each piece 10 total all antique would lose 5-10 durability including the jewels

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Antique items will only lose durability while in combat. They will not lose durability while crafting.
Combat includes, a random monster targeting you outside your house or anywhere in the wild. Even while in combat and not taking any damage, antique items will lose durability.

LMAO You are wrong and I have the suit to prove it.

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
LMAO You are wrong and I have the suit to prove it.
Not quite sure why the LMAO. I wear antique jewels all the time and have never lost durability while crafting or just sitting around randomly.
If your experience is different then sorry to hear that.
UOGuide and Stratics have quite a bit of information for how antique items lose durability.

I believe in addition to the typical loss of durability on combat attacks and taking damage, you lose an additional 1 durability for every 5 minutes while in combat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made the mistake of having an antique bracelet on while playing instruments for music gains in Luna. It wore down to almost 0 before I noticed.

I would guess any skill check also wears them down. So that's why the crafting did.

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I made the mistake of having an antique bracelet on while playing instruments for music gains in Luna. It wore down to almost 0 before I noticed.

I would guess any skill check also wears them down. So that's why the crafting did.
I've trained quite a few characters over the past 12 months and I always used antique jewels and even antique armor at times while gaining skill. I've never lost any durability while not in combat. I even do the music gains for quick stat gains.

I could see if you were training Discord, Peacemaking, Provocation.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not quite sure why the LMAO. I wear antique jewels all the time and have never lost durability while crafting or just sitting around randomly.
If your experience is different then sorry to hear that.
UOGuide and Stratics have quite a bit of information for how antique items lose durability.

I believe in addition to the typical loss of durability on combat attacks and taking damage, you lose an additional 1 durability for every 5 minutes while in combat.
My Scribe is a total MULE and NEVER leaves the house and has NEVER been in combat and has ZERO combat skills and all 10 pieces loss durability from making 20 Runic Atlas Rune Books. If skill gains while sitting in your home can be considered combat how is it after I made the Books I was able to switch chars instantly to deliver the Books. Combat has a log in timer on it for switching chars.

TY @Pawain

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have spent time trying to replicate your experiences with antique durability loss while using skill gains.
I tried wearing antique jewels while crafting Runic Atlas x20, no durability loss.
I tried music gains from 0 - 40 while playing an instrument, no durability loss.
I even went ahead and tried other skills while wearing antique jewels.
Alchemy, crafted 400 potions, no durability loss.
Blacksmith, crafted 40 metal shields, no durability loss.
Tailoring, crafted 40 body sash, no durability loss.

Unless you experienced some extremely unique glitch in the matrix, I dont see any way that antique items can lose durability without being in combat or receiving damage.

This thread was to sell an antique jewel. Jewel has been sold.
If you feel antique items durability loss should be discussed in more detail with more players input, I strongly recommend making a new thread so that we can have more involvement and more input from the community.

Last edited: