• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Riding a pet and commanding it? What is this?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every now and then, I see someone at the bank who is riding an uncommon color cu sidhe -- while simultaneously having that same color cu sidhe out of the stables next to him.

Animal lore reveals that the one he is not sitting on is five-slot. How is this possible?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Every now and then, I see someone at the bank who is riding an uncommon color cu sidhe -- while simultaneously having that same color cu sidhe out of the stables next to him.

Animal lore reveals that the one he is not sitting on is five-slot. How is this possible?
Twins maybe? Sounds pretty strange. Can you elaborate ? Thanks..:)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They dropped rocks at the Navrey and the one they are riding will go poof when they dismount. This is not a safe thing to mess around with. The real pet can go poof and never return. If this happens and you see two pets you should immediately recall to a stable, dismount and stable the pet. Pets have been lost from this bug.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They dropped rocks at the Navrey
This only happens when you drop rocks at Navery? I use a cu to solo Navery. So there's a danger I might suddenly have an extra fake cu that endangers my real cu?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We had this happen two nights ago, our Unicorn was doubled?! She reached 100% training so we preferred Navrey to attack another of our pets, so we jumped on it right as she was thrown into a corner. ... And suddenly saw us mounted, PLUS the same unicorn behind Navrey against the wall?! Was really weird, our tamer could run at mounted speed, yet see the same pet follow us around. After the battle when we got off the unicorn, the warped-one disappeared. Was scary! Thanks for confirming it is a known bug Pawain, next time we will use all stop and Invis again to try and have Navrey switch targets.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are a couple other times/instances this can happen also. You have to be very careful of this. The real pet is the one not mounted. If you are mounted on the fake one and log out.... the real one WILL NOT LOG OUT WITH YOU. It's loyalty will continue to decrease while you are logged out and it can go wild.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you log out for just a minute, and then log back in after just a minute, will the fake pet be gone then? In other words, does logging out and back in make the fake pet disappear?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happening to me all the time on all shards in a couple of places.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen someone loose a 120 scrolled Fire beetle because they were messing around with the bug. It went poof while at Navrey and he checked the stables and I told him to go into blackthorn area and see if it showed up at the Brit stable there. Pet was never seen again.

Do not mess around with the bug. Go stable the pet and dismount. I have only seen this when dropping rocks at Navrey. We use Navrey all the time on LS so we dont drop rocks very often because theres probably another tamer there.

Sess says he knows what steps to do to make the bug happen. I told him to dont tell others how to do it and dont do it again.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sess says he knows what steps to do to make the bug happen. I told him to dont tell others how to do it and dont do it again.
shoulda told him to file a bug report with a detailed description how to reproduce the bug instead... *shakes head*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
shoulda told him to file a bug report with a detailed description how to reproduce the bug instead... *shakes head*
You come meet Sess... I did not want to know how it is done. Sounds like others know more about its reproduction that have answered.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I don't know how to reproduce it, but when it happened to me I was riding a unicorn and got webbed. Next thing I know another Unicorn is walking around. May have happened while the rocks were falling. I've been to Navry loads of times but it only happened once.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not limited to Narvey that I know for a fact. I've had it happen to me twice and was no where near any dungeon. The one mounted is the ghost and I agree with @Pawain in regards to dismounting and stabling pet to make sure you don't lose it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We were practicing Pirating the other day and I recalled to unload my bug and the other person told me to go stable my pet. I had my pet and my pet was still on the boat. When I stabled it, the one on boat went poof.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would want specifically to know how to make this bug happen so that:
1) I don't do it
2) I can recognize others doing it and get out in time.

Now I am reluctant to do Navrey on my tamer.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would wan't specifically to know how to make this bug happen so that:
1) I don't do it
2) I can recognize others doing it and get out in time.

Now I am reluctant to do Navrey on my tamer.
It never happens if you dont drop rocks. We share Navrey on LS most are there for the first of the day Whisper or training pets so they are in no hurry.