• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Riddle Me This

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was at the Inn in Luna, afk but not working any skills. I came back after taking care of my granddaughter to a ghost. I checked my journal and nothing seemed amiss. My dread mare I was on is gone with no stable slot taken nor followers shown. I am NOT in a guild.

What happened to me? How did this happen in a trammel ruleset?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Your dread mare went wild and killed you then got guard whacked?
I'm just guessing...
I don't know :/

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was on my mare but good guess! Thank you for playing Flutter *smiles*

btw, I actually do not know and am really looking for answers/suggestions.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we should get a message for all deaths like we do in party "I was killed by an earnest shopper!!"

can pets go wild if you're on them?

A

Amathist of PoC

Riddle Me this Riddle me that who's afraid of the big black.......ummm mare?

Except you where sitting on it so unless it some how bucked you off or you got off or someone knocked you off it seems unlikely.......and with no guild or alliances no one can attack you in tram rule set so it can only be an animal that has been released gone wild or spawned.

Maybe someone paged a gm on you for something and they decided to kill you for sport?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No enemies...that I know of. Hmm can someone do a bola on you in tram? No reason to knock me off though, its not like they can steal my tamed or would even want to? Nothing in my journal when I rez'd indicated any shard events or malice.

I sent in a GM query but I don't even see a query number registering. The whole thing has me weirded out.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah Kyrie that is good to know! Would the mare then get guard whacked for killing me?
If so that would explain why it is no where to be found.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
we should get a message for all deaths like we do in party "I was killed by an earnest shopper!!"

can pets go wild if you're on them?

Devils you remember when my white swampy went missing? we determined it was most likey that it went wild from under me. I was told my multiple people that it is possible for animals to go wild from under you as well.

that would be my guess as to what happen to the OP. Or that an animal was released and then attacked her and she died.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dang, yes, now that you say it I do remember that! what a frantic night for you!

*runs off to feed that pony!*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen folk thrown off their mount when it suddenly decided they weren't a good enough master...

It's my assumption that your pet decided you are a poor master... threw you off and then turned on you...

I imagine if it turned on someone else after killing you then it was surely guardwhacked...

There is the extremely slim possibility that another tamer tamed it after it went wild and killed you.... but that's highly unlikely.

C

Capricious

When a pet you're mounted on goes wild, you're kicked off. My guess is it killed you and then was guard-whacked.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I was once doin a lil banksittin at WBB while I watched TV,Family Guy or something.I heard a commotion,looked at the screen and theres this plague beast lord beatin the stuffin outa me.Before I can react it all goes grey,annoyed I hit my sacrifice rez and autodressed.Recalled to the stable and got my drag,came back to kill it only to watch it go from grey to yellow as soon as it redlined.There it was,yellow and unkillable.

Not a big deal,but only thing I can offer to the OP`s troubles is this story of what happened to me.Had I been afk I would have come back to a dead mare and a grey screen.

I`d still like to know how that happened cause I`ve no clue how a PBL would make it into WBB kick my ass THAN go yellow and not have one guard show up to whack the once grey munsta!.....

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone else's pet went wild and killed you?

(I don't visit Luna very often but I have seen a few wild animals roaming the streets - I picked up my cu as a lost and starving puppy wandering in a corner of the city)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* the plague beast lords turn yellow after you beat them down some. After a short time, they are attackable again. I seem to remember something like this anyway.

Still doesn't explain how it got all that way into town, lol.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I was in an Inn room it seems most likely my own mare done did me in and my poor tamer habits got the best of us both. Live and learn and then get luvs.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*nods* Well done CSI Uhall.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you do "journal logging"? I ask because, if you went afk in Luna with Show incoming names on, your journal would be full of nothing but that, and you can't really look back far enough. Did you see the 600 gold was removed messages? My guess is, unless your journal was logging, you can't really go back far enough to see what caused your death.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you do "journal logging"? I ask because, if you went afk in Luna with Show incoming names on, your journal would be full of nothing but that, and you can't really look back far enough. Did you see the 600 gold was removed messages? My guess is, unless your journal was logging, you can't really go back far enough to see what caused your death.
Not on this character unless the settings work for all. I just figured her new shard didn't like her *grins*

As Kelmo added, great job CSI Uhall! If you want fast reliable service, take it to your community! *hugs*

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your pet can go wild with you sitting on it..its happened to me with my mare a few years back..I came back to screen and all I saw was grey..lol..Peeps told me that I popped off the mare..the mare attacked me...killed me with one good hoof stomp..and was promptly guard whacked at almost same instance. It had indeed gone wild because I hadnt fed the poor thing. Darn good mare it was too.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what happened is that someone released a tame near you possibly on purpose but not necessarily. The released tame killed you and your mare went wild and or was whacked in the process by the guards.

There are a lot of variables in this though. But the key factor is that someone else released something and that is what killed you. There is no other way to die in trammel alone without guildies to help your screen go grey.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what happened is that someone released a tame near you possibly on purpose but not necessarily. The released tame killed you and your mare went wild and or was whacked in the process by the guards.

There are a lot of variables in this though. But the key factor is that someone else released something and that is what killed you. There is no other way to die in trammel alone without guildies to help your screen go grey.

Your pet can go wild and attack/kill you and get guard wacked and in some cases gets you guardwacked at the same time. Its happened to me a few times seen it happen.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Roleplay mode*

The Inn keeper told you that this was a Inn and not the local stable. He told you to leave your pet outside or in the stables. As a true tamer your love of your pets is big and started a big argue. The Innkeeper called the guards to remove you and your pet from his establishment.You resisted arrest and grabbed to your spellbook. The guards drawed there Halberds and killed you. They took the Mare with them as evidence.

;)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* the plague beast lords turn yellow after you beat them down some. After a short time, they are attackable again. I seem to remember something like this anyway.

Still doesn't explain how it got all that way into town, lol.
Paralizing it turns it yellow & unkillable, just use a knife etc on it once yellow & then sizzors. Instant bleed out & DOA PLB :D

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Roleplay mode*

The Inn keeper told you that this was a Inn and not the local stable. He told you to leave your pet outside or in the stables. As a true tamer your love of your pets is big and started a big argue. The Innkeeper called the guards to remove you and your pet from his establishment.You resisted arrest and grabbed to your spellbook. The guards drawed there Halberds and killed you. They took the Mare with them as evidence.

;)
*in rp mode back atcha*

My foot was stuck in the stirrup! I could not dismount and then something like a flash caught my eye and I was mesmerized, in a trance over visions of gargoyles and imbuing. It was very calming and I must have dozed off.

I awoke to find my world grey and cold. My horse must have sensed that my foot caught would not come undone alone and promptly bucked me off, knocking me unconscious and scared the Innkeeper. I am fairly certain at this point it was the Innkeeper who instigated the attack when my horse went wild in protection of me. His fiery temper unleashed in a puff of black smoke choking whatever consciousness was left. The guards quickly dispatched my beloved horse and I will forever hold myself accountable for such foolish actions.

On a side note: Anyone know the next time Cove will release more Dread Horses? I kid. I kid.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on my mare but good guess! Thank you for playing Flutter *smiles*

btw, I actually do not know and am really looking for answers/suggestions.
Even if you are riding your mare,it can go wild and you would be "bucked off" automaticly.If you were the closest one to the wild mare,it could have targeted/killed you and wondered off and got guard whacked.

O

Old Man of UO

Your pet can go wild and attack/kill you and get guard wacked and in some cases gets you guardwacked at the same time. Its happened to me a few times seen it happen.
Kaleb is right...

What actually happens is, if you release an aggressive pet in a guard zone and that pet goes aggro on an NPC or any player, then both you and the pet get guard whacked. I had this happen at a moongate and boy was that a surprise.

Your pet doesn't actually kill you... you've killed yourself by guard-whack!

R

RavenWinterHawk

Ive been bucked by many horses.

You get bucked, killed, and the horse wanders away.

Later a player sees a wild animal and kills it.

E

Eslake

I saw Professor Plumb in Luna Inn with a wrench...

Coincidence?

A

Aboo

I've never had it happen with a mare, but I did have a horse go wild while I was on it and it did buck me off. I guess if it were a wild mare it could then get guard whacked.

L

Lord Drakelord

Ya bet your pet went wild and got you, then the guards kill it when it target another player. I tell folks to feed their pets every 30 [real] minutes in game to keep then happy. Also feed them right after a HUGE battle to increase loyality as it will be strain from the combat. Specially if you are a Saturday night cowboy/girl tamer that wears jewerly to own/control the higher pets such as Greaters or Dreads etc..

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone lead a NPC into the gzone and they killed you? Happened to me in Luna once, while waiting for a house to drop ... I came back to find that someone had lead a RED npc into the gzone and it killed me.. haha.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing doesn't add up... were any NPC's near? Usually as soon as anything goes aggro an NPC will immediately call guards.

I would look elsewhere... guilded anyone lately that you dont know very well?