• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Richard Garriott and Starr Long back together again.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SotA team have a SPECIAL Hangout of the Avatar planned! Richard and team will be taking your questions LIVE from the SotA chat room as we do a LIVE Demo of the game so far, so mark your calenders and join us on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6 pm CST. And as always, we will also be taking questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. I'll have the link where you can watch 15 minutes before the broadcast.

Attachments

Last edited:

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure why Garriot and crew think that "instanced" based zones for everywhere is a good idea. Its a step back, even from UO, where they at least tried to make a fluid world.

His game will attract some people. I will try it for sure but without a fluid world I doubt it will stick.

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm surprised people on this forum don't seem to be very interested in LB's new project. It's got all the qualities of a real Ultima game and some new innovations, too. I can't wait to try it out. I am a little worried about the instanced aspects of the game but LB is listening to the community and is making changes accordingly.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selective multiplayer has got me thinking about it..I like pretty much everything so far! The overhead map is a nice idea..easier for travel seeing as there won't be recalling or gates..but one thing that hasn't been showed ff quite yet is how you'll see other people on the overhead map..which from what I read you will