• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rewards

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So someone asked me the other day why I don't speed hack and that i should since other players do.

I found it difficult to justify reasons not to. Other than the fact that I don't need to cheat to win, but i think players who don't use speedhacks should receive some sort of benefit since players who do speedhack don't get banned or anything. Perhaps we should receive more gold from insurance when we kill someone who is speed hacking, or players who don't use cheat programs can have an addition to their title?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Besides, if they could just somehow detect who wasn't speedhacking, that implies that they can also detect anyone who IS speedhacking... and wouldn't you much rather those folks end up somewhere... else?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So someone asked me the other day why I don't speed hack and that i should since other players do.

I found it difficult to justify reasons not to. Other than the fact that I don't need to cheat to win, but i think players who don't use speedhacks should receive some sort of benefit since players who do speedhack don't get banned or anything. Perhaps we should receive more gold from insurance when we kill someone who is speed hacking, or players who don't use cheat programs can have an addition to their title?
Someone just walked up and asked you that eh ? ok

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the people who don't cheat get rewarded by not being banned for cheating.
you havent played the game in a while :/ certain 3rd party programs are pretty generally accepted now, and multiboxing has been all but deemed legal by mesanna (only actionable if un-attended, which by its nature is never unattended)

tho i dont agree with it, and personally dont use anything but the standard CC client, its a legitimate topic.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reward to not cheating is a 3x personal satisfaction bonus that the cheaters don't get to enjoy. It's diluted for them. Strategy, teamwork and fully developed templates is the way to go, and when you beat them, they rage more than any other type of player. Observing them afterward in general chat is also an additional perk.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont think many people as we think speedhack.... I am always told I speed hack, and in fact I always outrun people on PvP. But I have never touched a speed hack software. I think my internet connection is just really good.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO PVP rules.....
when you can beat them with superior numbers...
When you cant...call them a zerg and whine in gen chat
When you can ..cheat....
When you cant, accuse them of cheating their butts off and whine in gen chat...
Generally just whine in gen chat.....