• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Revamping fishmonger quests.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would you like to see for it?

I would like a footwear repeller! ;)

S

soulstoner

Oh I am very pleased & happy with FM quests exactly as it is now. Crustaceans are all fixed and everything seems to be working hunky dory and as intended which is good. I'm afraid to mess with it.

Though, with regard to the boots and shoes fished up (and mess of small fish), a respectable point value for turn in to Raphael would keep em stuffed into packs and not strewn about as litter and be uber kewl.

S

soulstoner

oOOooOo just thought ..... if the baits actually worked or maybe had Library turn in value errrrrrrrrr ???????????

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about, as a new reward for the quests, magical (and/or named) fishing gear like fishing poles, bandanas, tricorne hats, etc. For instance, I wouldn't mind a spell channeling fishing pole (or one with LRC?) to drop as a reward instead of bait or a book. Or how about something like a Dread Pirate Hat, as opposed to...more bait or books.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about ...
- fishing nets in new/more colours?
- something to store fished goodies in (t-map book, mib book, nets -'book')
- taxidermy kits
- 'fishing pole improver' (like magical fishing lines that permanently improve fishing poles)
- a bait splitter ... that you can sell choosen numbers of your stored baits

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For instance, I wouldn't mind a spell channeling fishing pole (or one with LRC?) to drop as a reward instead of bait or a book.
Make your fishing pole out of frostwood. It will have the sc property. Use a dovetail runic and it will have all sorts of extra mods. LRC is a common roll. I do like the idea of poles as a reward. But if you dont want to wait you can make one yourself now.

I am really enjoying the quests as they are now. But if EA is taking suggestions for additional rewards, I only have one:

A tackle Box (picnic basket graphic). Tackle boxes would be containers dropped in your pack from completing quest in about the frequency rare books are dropped. Tackle boxes would contain random bonuses and improvements to fishing such as:

Recipes for lobster bait, not the rare lobsters but the uncommon ones (spiney, shovel-nose etc.) Maybe the recipe could use the consumable "mess of fish" we catch.

A recipe to craft a sturdy lobster trap. Allows the crafter to reinforce a common lobster trap greatly reducing the chance it will be lost.

A fishing lure (Talisman) that reduces percentage of shoes caught.

A fishing pole engraving tool (or just make them engrave-able through the weapon engraving tool)

Special fishing net lines (Hued rope graphic). (single use) on use, you attach the line to your special fishing net. When you toss a fishing net with a line attached, you will retrieve the net after the mobs spawn. It would require at least a gm fisher to attach the line to the net, would require you be in an 8 tile range of where you tossed the net and will reveal you if hidden when the net is retrieved.

Archers' fishing kit. Allows you to tie a fishing line to any bow or xbow giving charges like gorgon lenses (several hundred). Charges are consumed on each cast.

Warriors' fishing kit. Same as Archers kit but for melee weapons.

Various enchantment items (hooks, lines or scrolls) for fishing poles. The idea is to provide items to craft custom mods for fishing poles like imbuing does for armor and weapons. Though not as complex as imbuing, but requiring certain levels of fishing skill to apply.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Make Books 5 & 6 more common

2. a "Bait Box" that you carry in your pack, that you load your baits into (say, up to 4 or 6 bait types), and you select one of them, or none of them. If a bait is selected, it is automatically applied with each cast, until it runs out. Would be the same quest difficulty level as a 120 PS, as a reward.

3. Add colored nets to the "fishing gear" section of the quests, and bait to deliberately fish for Sea Serpents (with nets, maps or MIBs aboard) or Kraken.

4. How about making dungeon fishing give gains? It hampers the ability to fish for quests and gain skill at the same time, that you can only gain in deep water.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I got one! A large fishing net dyed the color of Mesanna's hair. When used it summons an Abyssal Scalis (similar to a paragon). We can call it Mesanna's hair net :)

B

Beastmaster

A new reward - a memory enhancing potion for us and the fishmongers so we and they quit losing our ships.

Take care of that and we can talk fishing once again. Until then I'm through with it.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyonce and a while we should pull up a lost lobster/crab trap we have lost full of random crab - there are a few hundred of mine down there somewhere...

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow us to use the decorative nets like the crab traps.

**Dragging a net through the water you come up with xFishtype**

Allow us to chum the water with bait, not just for our benefit but for the benefit of other people we may be fishing with?

An Empty Taxidermy plaque **Reserved for the One that got away**

Rotten fish - I would just like to see this as a Deco reward. Not actually have my stores of 1000's stones of salted fish rot away.

An extra Hold for our ships, double our fish/lobster/trap storage capability.

Clothing items/weapons from ship wrecks (Rusted Weapons, Eye Patch, Peg Leg, Bloated Corpse of a Drowning Victim.)

I could go on and on hehehe

M

Monty Burns

What would you like to see for it?

I would like a footwear repeller! ;)
How about an option similar to shovels that lets you choose not to get footwear, instead you just get the "caught nothing" message.

But as part of this they should give us a reason to keep footwear such as the ability to cut it up for leather or sell it.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rare, larger aquariums... and ones that allow us to put our own Big Fish inside, so when we catch a fish that we would normally mount, we can keep them alive in there instead. There's only so much wall space anyone has, after all! And not every fisherman wants to kill, stuff and mount everything...

Nautical clothing that goes over our armor, so we can truly dress up as Pirates etc.

Shoulder mounted Parrots, that go in the Trinket slot maybe. If they can't be visible, at least make them squark occasionally and randomly repeat what other's say like perch mounted parrots... with an On/Off switch for when roleplaying isn't required!

Bookcases with actual large, usable space inside for the Classic Client... "Davey Jones' Locker" perhaps?

Dragonfish Books that don't use the same old graphics for books, so they actually have rarity value.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st id like to see that a fisher get some fame from doing fishmongor quests like they do with bods.

And like mentioned, i'd also like fishing gear with either mods or name on them - also maybe (owned by noone) - so that the first one that use it get it blessed. Or perhaps clothing with a special name, like mystical fisherman boots. Or a cloak that protects you from wind and rain :lol:

The drop rate for lvl 5&6 books along with 15 & 20 powerscrolls should be lowered. The drop rate of bait for high end scrolls is too high, but if that should be so - they need to put in so that you get a rare bait, not the yellowtail with 100 charges on it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The drop rate for lvl 5&6 books along with 15 & 20 powerscrolls should be lowered.
Don't you mean that the drop rate for level 5 & 6 books should be INCREASED?

As far as we know, NO ONE ON ANY SHARD has gotten a level 6 book yet, over a half-year into the expansion - if you have one, Stratics & UOGuide would LOVE to have access to it. Most fishermen have never seen a level 5 book (including myself - I've gotten 2 120 scrolls so far, and enough 110s to make 2 115s via combining, but have never gotten a level 5 book, or a 115 from fishing, instead of combining).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on Chat claimed that the level 6 book isn't spawning and will be added with this publish. He only offered waffle when I asked where he'd got that info from of course, but given that no website has a picture of a void lobster, not Stratics, not UOGuide and not any of the Japanese sites I could find in a search. I have to admit to wondering if the information is correct

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is why I have stopped fishing and dry docked my boat until the next publish