• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reunion Party a Success in Second Life

F

Flippers

As some know I've come from other 3D communities which are VRML-based (similar to Toontown) and have existed since the 90s. We use a browser plug-in to interact with chat at the bottom and visuals on the top.

Many went to Second Life from there as early as 2003 and got their start before the publicity, while others left for it when I left for Toontown two years ago.

On Friday night a few who I'd found threw a reunion party in Second Life to see where we went and how we fared.

The obligatory see-how-many-can-fit-in-the-pool -- having a snow leopard attend raised the bar.

Opa! Someone brought Greek dances to the party. woot!

They were having so much fun being Zorba that they didnt notice the pina coladas and zombies in the backyard. I guess the party was a success :)

This beats last week, when a group of us dressed like chickens and showed up at popular landmarks...

(I'm the one sitting on the egg)

But I digress...

One of the things I wanted to achieve at the party was come up with a name for my property. Other than someone suggesting I look up small English towns for inspiration, no one had any good suggestions. Well, I've waited this long I can wait a little longer ;)