• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Vet - Paladin PvP Template needs tweaking

J

jakkson

Good day!

I am a returning vet that has been UO deprived for almost 3 years. I am slowly getting back into the game mechanics and require some assistance regarding one of my templates. I have PvPed plenty and used to know pretty much I needed to know in order to succeed in PvP battle but the evolution of the game over the course of the last 3 years has me seeking advice...

This char is a paladin fencer :

Stats:

118 STR ---- 121 hit points
125 DEX --- 140 stamina
37 INT --- 48 mana
(stats are with current armor/items)

Skills:

120/120 Anatomy
115.4/120 Fencing
115.2/120 Tactics
113.2/120 Focus
108.1/115 Healing
96/110 Chivalry

I did not have resist on this char before as I relied on trapped boxes for the para spell. Of course this has its drawbacks but this was no issue for me back in the day as I mostly fought group PvP battles. Since I am fighting solo now I need to add resist into the mix, what should I drop?

Armor/Items:

With my current armor and items, I currently stand at 4 MR, 6 SR, 14 LMC and 4 HPR. My jewlery and shield gives me 3/4 FC/FCR with 35 HCI,11 DCI and 30 HLD. Resists are 69/70/69/70/68

What should I look to improve? DCI? is 4/6 a must for Paladins in PvP nowadays? My armor already gives me a 30 HLD so should I even bother trying to get a weapon with more HLD? Should I focus on getting a weapon with high mana leech, hit spell and hit lower attack?

Thanks everyone for your help!