• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning vet, needs help for a Sammy Template

B

Bloodeye

Hi Folks,
im playing since the beginning of Uo but paused 3 Years.
Im a bit out of date and read much in the forum and figured adding bushido to my template, could help my dexxer get back into action.
I saw some nice Screens of soloing heavy stuff with the right suit and the right template. As getting a right suit is for me not the problem, but do a good template is something else, i would ask for youre advice.

But anyway.
My Dexer has currently:
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
90 healing (droppel to make space for chival and parry, but capped to 120)
100 Resist
80 chival
90 Parry (with an item i get 100)

I use him for PVE and PVP, thats the reason why i got Resist.

I now would like to add bushido and a bit of necro, for vamp thing.

Im up to dropp or raise anything. not a prob, so just help me plz

Best Regards

V

Valhakar

You will need 120 parry and 120 Bushido for PvP.

Havign Chiv, healing, and Bushido is extremly reduntant. You need to ask yourself are you going to be a low mana, hard hitting melee or a balanced stat melee with mana regen.

Brute force, lose the chiv and go with healing. Focus on stamina regen

Balanced, lose Healing and dump some anatomy points. Focus on mana regen.

My target build is VERY hard to play, but when it all synchs he tears through mobs like tissue paper. I am only at 83 Bushido and have no power scrolls yet, but I have dropped healing to get used to the build.

Target build

Anatomy 90 (Only here for DPS bonus)
Bushido 120
Chivalry 75 (all you need for EoO)
Fencing 110
Magic resist 110 (bumped to 120 in the PvP suit)
Parrying 120
Tactics 100

The total is 725 (735 with MR item), so I will need to find an item with one of the skill +5. This build will be very equipment dependent, but once done will mow through spawns and be the bane of every mage out there.

B

Bloodeye

All right.
So Necro for this Vamp thing, isnt worth the points?

V

Valhakar

You could, but you would have to gut Anatomy.

I have 4 soul stones, so my experimenting is fairly painless. For example, I may decide to lose the magic resist (use 30 tinker skill dart trap boxes to break para), and rely on the suit resists to protect me as well as the mana free healing.

Anatomy 100
Bushido 120
Chivalry 75
Fencing 120
Healing 90 (never fails)
Parrying 120
Tactics 100
725 total points

If you use soul stones you can have one trade mule, one resource gathering mule, and one skills mule. I have one poor guy with a weird mix of unmatched skills.

B

Bloodeye

What if i take out of parry and bushido 5 points each. So 115/115 and 10 out of Anatomy, so i have 20 free Points.

I Could spend them for 20 Points in Necro, to get it with jewelry high enough, to cast wither, for the mana leech and curse weapon.

Then i could use a fast life leech weapon and would still have a decent mana leech with the wither form.

V

Valhakar

You are getting into Necro territory, which I cannot comment on. Haven't tried it.

B

Bloodeye

hehe,

maybe some other can help.

I was wondering about a good Wraith Form Template, though i dont like to buff up my skills to 99 for the vampire form.

I could go for 40 necro, to use wraith and curse weapon

and use a high mana/ll weapon

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The amount of mana leech in wraith form and duration of curse weapon is dependant on your Spirit Speak.

At 0 SS the benefits will be negligable, and far outweighted by being able to ride a swampy and spam conc weapon.

If you want to use some of the necro stuff then you'll need a bigger investment of skill points.

B

Bloodeye

Im opened for any template.

I dont know about healing, i saw some templates without it, but i want to do pvp aswell and i dont know if i can keep myself alive w/o healing

I can drop Anatomy and Tactics
to space for other skills

maybe 40ss/40necro
enough for a decent leech?

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I'd take it upto around 60SS to make it worth your while. A template like:

120 Weapon
120 Parrying
120 Bushido
100 Anat
90 Healing
70 Chivalry
60 SSpeak
40 Necro

Obviously there's no tactics there, so you're dealing less damage and don't have access to the weapon specials (whirlwind is awesome for a samurai), but otherwise I think it would work. You could drop healing, but the healing from bandages is extremely useful. The primary strength of these samurai templates is their durability, this is due in part to their different ways of regaining health.

If you were specifically looking at the build that people are using to solo peerless and dark fathers, the vanilla Sampire build seems to be something like:

120 Weapon
120 Parry
120 Bushi
85 Anat
85 Tactics
90.1 Healing
75 Chiv
25 Necro

Not that exact build, you can shift around a few points from tactics to anatomy or visa versa, but that's it roughly. Obviously in order to get into vamp form you'll need the +necro gear. The +30 jewelry, the totem and the grimore aren't too hard to get hold of. Cursed midnight bracers aren't too hard to get at the moment either given the invasion. The last item you'd need would be the necro/ss flavoured mark of travesty which IS hard to get hold of and is quite expensive. For this reason if you want to adopt this build you might want to borrow 9 extra points from tactics or something to take your necro to 34 instead.

It's a good build because you can do decent damage and retain all the other features of the standard samurai build. Vamp form has a lesser life leech in it, as well as the poison immunity, mana regen and the ability to stay mounted and keep the swampy.

B

Bloodeye

Thank you very much.
I will try both builds with some soulstones, i have currently quite enough cash to get everything i need for items.

One last question.

For the both forms, Wraith and Vampire

On which weapons i should focus? Im a Fencer! I personally would go with warfork and hci/dci shield, but im not into bushido that much, so i dont know which is the best.
1h? 2h? Shield/No Shield?

And for the Wraith form a nice hld ssi ll wep? and for vampire obvious a mana leech one?

V

Valhakar

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you very much.
I will try both builds with some soulstones, i have currently quite enough cash to get everything i need for items.

One last question.

For the both forms, Wraith and Vampire

On which weapons i should focus? Im a Fencer! I personally would go with warfork and hci/dci shield, but im not into bushido that much, so i dont know which is the best.
1h? 2h? Shield/No Shield?

And for the Wraith form a nice hld ssi ll wep? and for vampire obvious a mana leech one?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Sammy build cannot use a shield.

With 120 parry and 120 Bushido you get:

Chance of blocking with a shield: 5%
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 35%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 40%

I do not have the gold resources you seem to have so I have to scrounge for my Sammy. I use an Enchanted Titan Legbone (short spear arty that people throw away) and a Valorite Kryss with 30% mana leech and 28% stamina leech. One does damage, the other attempts to fill me up with mana/stamina.

I suggest practicing any of yoru builds against Ogre Lords. They tend to smack the heck out of you and take stamina down to nothing. It will let you play in a "worse case scenerio" situation. REMEMBER, being a fencer gives you a build advantage. With the +10 SSI from Divine fury and 120 dex you have maxed out the swing speed for everything except the pike and the lance.

B

Bloodeye

Hi Folks,

i was able to finish my char

120 Fenc
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Anat
100 Tac
90 Healing
70 Chival

I got
Heart of Lion
Mace and Shield glasses
Legs of Bane
Stormgrips
high mr/lmc gorget and sleeves
45 hci/45 dci, 70 70 70 70 66 resis
quiver etc
War Fork with 45 ml and ll, 40 di
War cleaver 45 ml, 40 harm, 35 di
and a bunch of other weps

atm 0 tactics, for necro and ss to test the template
Im currently running vamp form, but wanted to give wraith form also a shot

i tried a few things, but got the [censored] beaten out of me.
I wasnt able to solo the Bone Deamon for the Golden Skull, he like two hittet me.

I have no problem at all to get gnaw for the dread horn key, but spite and irk the changelings, kill me always really fast

I always keep confidence up, sometimes evasion and hit with lightning strike after honoring or momentum, if i have time i go for consecrate weapon.

What im doing wrong?

W

WTF_happed_to_uo

Sounds like you have a nice suit and a good template. You just need practice?
With changlings, irks and spites, physical damage does not hurt them, you most definately need to use consecrate at all times which is hard if a druid or satyr peace you or get a diff wep that hurts them most in their weakest resist to save the mana.

The eo1, honor and momentum are all based off the base damage, and if you are only doing physical damage and getting 1 or 2 hp damage, there is not much to multiply.