• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Vet/Inexperienced Tamer

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
Hello all,

I have returned after a 10 year absence and it's like playing a brand new game. I've been fortunate to have lots of help from other players, but I still have questions and in game chat isn't the most conducive to asking them.

I am using CAH to train my PP Mare, but I did not see a PP Wyrm guide. I tried using their calculator to gauge my PP WW but am getting lots of yellow numbers, which indicates that I may be doing something wrong. I am getting stuck on the section referencing "Overcapped Skills". I don't understand this. Can someone show me with pictures what an example of an overcapped stat is please?

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using the pet intensity calculator for legacy white wyrm I assume?

When you get to stats on the pet planner, you cannot raise the stats on a pp ww because the strength is already overcapped
and the int is naturally a bit high. So stats are already over the limit.

Although you cannot change the stats on a pp ww, make sure you raise the Stamina to 150. It will have max swing speed with Stamina,
the bit lower dex just means he will walk a bit slower.

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
Thank you for your response, but that's not what I am asking.

I don't understand what overcapped means. Am I doing this right?

1591645604472.png

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The usual caps are 700 in str and int, and 150 in dex.

If you max str on a pet(700) and dex for movement(150) then the stat max kicks in, and you can only take int to 370.
(I believe this is based on intensity values, so int and dex are rated lower than str, but not sure. One of the K's or pawain could give better info)

Some pets have higher stats than what you can train other pets to, so we consider that over capped like your WW having 728 str
(najas have over capped spell resistance ,up to 180 i believe, so thats another example). You can also find pets that have this with resists.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like they said. Your pet has more than 700 Str, which is normally the cap. The whole section of str / dex / intel is also over its cap. So you can not add any more points there.

Did you use the template as above for a Legacy WW? I do not get any yellow numbers. I think you used the Nightmare template when you began. None of your stats are overcapped for a Legacy WW. You will get orange numbers when you go to the planner because the STR and Attribute section and Cold resist is overcap.

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
I realize I initially said stats. That was my mistake and I have edited my original post. I am asking what the "Overcapped Skills" means and if I have, based on my screenshot, filled the calculator out correctly.

1591647685005.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I realize I initially said stats. That was my mistake and I have edited my original post. I am asking what the "Overcapped Skills" means and if I have, based on my screenshot, filled the calculator out correctly.

View attachment 109109
Your pet has no overcapped skills. They are all GM or less.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a guide for your specific pet:

Round 1

1. Set Stamina to 150
2. Set resists as you want them I would choose 80/80/81/47/77 Would be fine for most targets unless you take it to Eodon a lot or Dreadhorn.
3. Set HP Regen to 20
4. Set Mana Regen to 30
5. Set Stamina Regen to 10
6. Use the rest of the points on HP. Set to max Approx 561

Round 2

1. Set Base damage per second to MAXIMUM. 24 -33 on Lore screen

At this point the base pet is finished. Because it has a little overcap strength you should choose an AI/Chiv build.

2. Choose Armor Ignore
3. Choose Chivalry

At this point the pet is Built. It has 875 spare points. You need to save 600 Points for all 120 scrolls if you choose to use them.

4. Add Scrolls or wait.

You have Appox 275 points to use on Hit Points and Mana. Mana drops to 0 Fast so lots of mana is not that great.

5. Make sure you leave 600 points for scrolls. Add HP and Mana as you wish.

Here is what your pet can look like: If I did it.

Built Flappy Pet

I left 117 Points.

Enjoy your Flappy!