• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to UO.

G

Hello everyone!

I've played UO on and off for quite a few years, and I've decided to return. I haven't decided which shard to call home yet, but i'm looking forward to joining the taming community again.

I

imported_Tina Small

Welcome back! I hope you will have loads of fun and make some good friends! You might want to mosey over to the www.uo.com website and read the patch notes for the last couple of months (years?) and then poke through the Stratics forums to catch up on all the changes.

G

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I will definately check out the patch updates since it has been a few years.
Currently I've been immersing myself into the FAQ's in preparation for character creation. Chesapeake was my home before, and i'm considering making it home once again.

M

Menace2324

I am also returning to UO I just got the 9th anniverssasry box but i open it up and it says cannot connect to patch server and not connected to the internet when i obviously am, does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

G

That does not sound like a UO specific issue. Are you using Windows Vista? Are you behind a firewall? This could be a number of things. Provide some more information and people can help you better.

M

Menace2324

i think its the campus firewall that could be blocking me but my friends play Wow, so shouldnt i be able to connect to UO too?