• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to Ultima Online. Would Like Help

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey there. I haven't really played UO since around 2003 (I only remember the date because I had a paladin that sucked and a Necromacer that also sucked). I returned to UO about 2-3 weeks ago and in that time I've had a bit of help getting started (a few people gave me some gold at New Haven and I got a LRC Suit for my mage).

I was wondering if there are any guilds out there who are sort of dedicated to helping new players get a strong start and one of the big things I wanted to do was to make a Sampire. It sounds almost exactly like my Necromacer (though we didn't have Bushido back then) and I think that I could play that very well. The main things I need help in training up is really just Swordsmanship. I always had a hard time raising Melee fighting skills, though my guy is past the 55% point.

I've mostly been hunting in New Haven and have recently started flogging the Mongbats in the forest, but I'm wondering if there are better ways to get that fighting skill up. I'm very willing to play the game (in fact, I would love to find a group of newbies like me to play with) and I'm willing to put the effort in to get it done... but any tips or shortcuts to get me going on to the bigger game would be appreciated.

This is my Sampire Build:
Bushido​
Necromancy​
Swordsmanship​
Parry​
Tactics​

I'm still debating between Anatomy, Spirit Speak, and Resisting Spells for the last two, though I'm leaning heavy towards Anatomy and Resist. Stuff like this is the part that I need the most help on, really.

You can contact me on ICQ: 685334904 or just find me in-game. My character's name is Creed and I usually hang out in New Haven. I may need to drop a few things off of my build (I don't see much point in Chivalry with so much negative karma and I picked up Fencing to start instead of swords), but I figure that will happen with time.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back!

First advice from me would be to get/ask for a Crystal Ball of Knowledge. In case you don't know its a nifty little item that tells you exactly if you are training with the right mobs/items.

As for pretty much anything else UO you can find the description on www.uoguide.com. I'd recommend that site also for a lot of training tips on each of the skills.

Chivalry on your sampire is really only needed for Sacred Journey (i.e. travelling easily) and Enemy of One (increase damage to mobs that you can't honor and have no slayer for)

But these are really advanced topics for now ;-)

Do you have a house? A Mailbox? I'd throw you a Crystal Ball of Knowledge...