• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning to Britannia

I played UO for a few years way back in 2002-2005 (when I used to have lots of time). I'm returning now and have been exploring on Atlantic (and a bit on Lake Superior).
I've realized that I have no idea how to play this game anymore. There's TONS of new stuff !

I really just play PVM and used to play a Smith/Tailor, a Paladin (for solo) and another character I can't quite remember (I did the healing and buffing for our guild dungeon runs).

I guess I have 2 questions...
1. What is a good beginner template for someone who needs to re-learn the game (with all the new stuffs).

2. Guild Suggestions? My old one was great, and were really good (patient) with new players.

I'm very excited to be back in Britannia! Hope to see some of you in game.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online
Origin

Welcome back.

I start on LS back in 2000 moved to Sonoma sometime around 2003, took a break in 2008 came back in 2015. If you have yet to see the UO Store in the game where you can buy items for your account/characters using what is called Sovereigns that you get with real dollars at Origin. There a token there that you can get 5 skills to 90 on a char that has less then 250 total skills points, plus get stats to the max 255. I love that token! Myst/mage is always a good one to run with.

There a huge guild on Atlantic, last I looked, United We Fight pretty helpful group of people last I saw. On LS there are a ton of people running in and out all day, I am not sure of the guilds there, but I was able to get a free vendor twice, (the owner of the first place sold the house and I had to move) to sell my holiday tokens there for insurance gold.

Now on Sonoma if you ever drop by, I am in the PAS feel free to say howdy and if you need help starting out there let us know.

And if you get a wild hair to return to those days of yesteryear there is always Siege. There are two good guilds there that I know are great, first is the UWSP, it's a crafters guild but they do have a fighting force mainly for PVM. Then there is GIL, in my opinion, the best guild on Siege and I am not a member I am however friends with many of their members. They have some really neat people that regardless of if you are GIL or not will give a helping hand to anyone till that hand is bitten. There are folks that (travelers from Atlantic that I call Bandits) that know that very well today.

Thanks for the information Drakelord. The store is really cool. I was able to get a Unicorn steed that is already bonded! I've done a bit more reading on linking old accounts and have started that process - so hopefully I won't be stuck starting all over.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks for the information Drakelord. The store is really cool. I was able to get a Unicorn steed that is already bonded! I've done a bit more reading on linking old accounts and have started that process - so hopefully I won't be stuck starting all over.
Be sure to play tomorrow (Saturday) Deal no Deal will be on and is always a fun time in game, you listen to the show live on UORadio.com. Be sure to keep your new pet happy, feed it !!