• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Tamer Needs Some Help

C

Craenos

Ok so I just came back after 7 years away.

My Tamer on Catskills right now is:
115 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
100 Veterinary
100 Eval Int
104 Magery
105 Medi
76 Spell Resist

Stabled I have bonded WW, Mare, and 2 fire steeds. I know almost nothing about the new tameables other than people are loving Greater Dragons.

So I guess the main question is what combo to use for gold farming and where to do it?

I know WW are now basically a vanity pet and I was going to tame a reg dragon and use it to tank with my mare as dps. Is this still a good combo or should I be focusing on getting myself a GD?

Thanks in advance.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My stable:
Rune beetle (my favorite!)
Bake kitsune (great tank for 2 slots)
Nightmare (Preferred over the bake to partner with rune beetle for damage in long fights)
Cu Sidhe (4 slot pet, great for many situations)
Greater Dragon (I only use it when I'm feeling lazy or fighting Navery Nighteyes or Monstrous Interred Grizzle alone)
... and a set of throwaway pets I use for variety (2 wolf spiders for RP, an extra dragon for I-don't-know-why, a dread war horse (don't worry about them, they don't spawn and cost and arm and a leg from players) and a bane dragon which I've never really used).

Farming can be done in many places. Too many to list in a short post...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd go get a good rune beetle to pair with your mare. Also, a cu sidhe can come in handy, a bake kitsune, and of course a greater dragon. My favorite combo though is the bug/mare or bug bake. I use them 85% of the time.