• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning tamer, looking for advice.

I

Impinge

Hello all.

After a long time away I've returned to UO. My main character is a tamer with barding skills (Cesar Millan on Europa), and having come back to the game I'm keen to break out my Greater Dragon and go hunting with him to earn some gold due to having lost most of my possessions when my home went IDOC :(

I was wondering where the more experienced tamers go to hunt with their pets. Right now i've not got the new expansion, still stuck with ML. I can control my dragon without issue and have trained discord to 120. I also tend to play solo a fair bit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now adays selling items is the gold maker

Since you are not yet SA upgraded i would consider doing the Ish Oaks and Tokuno Yamadon Champ Spawns. Some of the rare items from those two can fetch upwards of 50 mil. As for killing stuff just for gold all of the ish spawns are your best bet. Most times you can enlist help in general chat for thses spawns.

Welcome back and good luck

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Now adays selling items is the gold maker

Ya with 120 discord you should definitely be doing something challenging.

I

Impinge

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still at the stage where I'm finding my feet again after such a long break. I probably should get myself guilded so I can hunt with a few other players. Currently just hunting Tsuki Wolves and the like for gold, should look to up my game somewhat.

One other question, while I think of it, do you guys hunt with a luck suit on or not? Trying to determine whether a luck suit is worth it.

Again, thanks for the help.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still at the stage where I'm finding my feet again after such a long break. I probably should get myself guilded so I can hunt with a few other players. Currently just hunting Tsuki Wolves and the like for gold, should look to up my game somewhat.

One other question, while I think of it, do you guys hunt with a luck suit on or not? Trying to determine whether a luck suit is worth it.

Again, thanks for the help.
If you are doing peerless, or Doom, or anything really high end, solo, then a luck suit is worth it, as there is always a chance you might find something really good, however, for all other hunting I think you are better off with a good suit that gives you the mods that help you most. Imbuing has changed a lot of things, and unless you are really in a very high end pvm context you aren't going to find anything better than you could make with imbuing.