• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning tamer from 2003

Hello everyone,

I was a Chesapeake player from 97-03. I did dabble a bit from 2004-2007 but canceled my account. I recently returned and have been reading lots of guides. So apparently, old legacy nightmares are good from what I've been reading. I remember training mine up, one on ogre lords and the other on ancient liches back in the day the old fashion way. I am curious about what build would be good for the attached nightmare.

123image.png 3231image.png 23231image.png

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone,

I was a Chesapeake player from 97-03. I did dabble a bit from 2004-2007 but canceled my account. I recently returned and have been reading lots of guides. So apparently, old legacy nightmares are good from what I've been reading. I remember training mine up, one on ogre lords and the other on ancient liches back in the day the old fashion way. I am curious about what build would be good for the attached nightmare.

View attachment 144705 View attachment 144706 View attachment 144707
This should help , But I would train a few other pets before you mess up your Mare by mistake (you can't undo)
Always copy your Tamer over to Test Center and do all your training there first after reading CAH

Ascalon

Adventurer
The Legacy Nightmare is something that is stronger than the current nightmare, and cannot be replaced. My strong suggestion is to get a few of the currently spawning pets and develop them first. This will give you the chance to try out things that suit your play style. Currently spawning nightmares have some rare spawns, so you can farm them until you get a few, then train them with the templates you like. Good learning pets that you could also consider are fire steed, unicorn/kirin, and fire or blue beetle. Cu Sidhe is the "default" tamer pet now, and you can farm a few of them to get a basic pet to roll with. 110 scrolls will give you a boost without rocketing the cost of mistakes out of the park. You can hunt your own 110's through the treasure map system fairly easily as a solo.

Cu Sidhe (advantage healing) templates to try - Chiv/AI, Discord/AI, Mysticism/AI/Explosive Goo
Firesteed (advantage 2 specials) templates to try - Chiv/AI, Discord/AI, Mysticism/FWW/AI
Nightmare (advantage can make a necromare) - Chiv/AI, Magery/AI, Necromage/AI

When you get a basic stable stocked, you can port your tamer over to test center and experimentally learn the new pet training system. This will save you the brutal cost of mistakes on a production shard.

Good luck and welcome back to our old friend, UO.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the tips and advice! I'm training up some throwaway pets to mess around with on the TC. I do have another question, though. While reading about Old White Wyrms for giggles, I tried to food mine gold. This is what happened.
1212211image.png 33233e4image.png

Does this mean he's really old?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks, everyone, for all of the tips and advice! I'm training up some throwaway pets to mess around with on the TC. I do have another question, though. While reading about Old White Wyrms for giggles, I tried to food mine gold. This is what happened.
View attachment 145322 View attachment 145323

no, others pets will do that if you try to feed them something they will not eat.

mihali

Sage
View attachment 145322 View attachment 145323

Some of the White Wyrms are extremely rare and so extremely valuable, and can be sold to people that collect them for Billions of gold. There are several WWs apparently classified in some posts in THIS forum. Some grunt, some roar, some eat gold some do not. Before you do anything to this WW, you must check that post. It will help you estimate about how old it is and its likely value.
You may want to check this post: Mar 27, 2023

Some of the White Wyrms are extremely rare and so extremely valuable, and can be sold to people that collect them for Billions of gold. There are several WWs apparently classified in some posts in THIS forum. Some grunt, some roar, some eat gold some do not. Before you do anything to this WW, you must check that post. It will help you estimate about how old it is and its likely value.
You may want to check this post: Mar 27, 2023
Thanks for the link; I read over it, and some overstuff. Looks like he's a "Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold," Judging by his coloring, stats, and refusal to eat gold, along with grunting. Definitely will train him last.