• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning playing with questions on pet intensity.

Bammer805

Visitor
What intensity % is considered good or great? How many points away from intensity cap should I shoot for when taming?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Depends on pet and your build.
Some pets lean higher towards high intensity than others. Some builds on tritons (chiw+fww+ai) are very strength and intensity heavy.

But 80% and above are generally "very high" and 75% and above are great. (tritons, cu, pp nm, dread etc)
70% and above are acceptable or decent.

65% - 70% might still be good if they have special resist thresholds or particular stats.

Now there's a whole range of low slot pets 1 or 2 slot starting that can be trained to 5 slots where 90% and above are considered great (najas).

Bammer805

Visitor
Depends on pet and your build.
Some pets lean higher towards high intensity than others. Some builds on tritons (chiw+fww+ai) are very strength and intensity heavy.

But 80% and above are generally "very high" and 75% and above are great. (tritons, cu, pp nm, dread etc)
70% and above are acceptable or decent.

65% - 70% might still be good if they have special resist thresholds or particular stats.

Now there's a whole range of low slot pets 1 or 2 slot starting that can be trained to 5 slots where 90% and above are considered great (najas).
Thanks for the input, found a 90% cu last night it shall suffice for now. ☺

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the input, found a 90% cu last night it shall suffice for now. ☺
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that some pets may be high intensity but actually bad.
The cut can come overcapped on cold/energy/resist.

So if your cu is 85 energy / cold that means you'll have so little free points to assign to the others.
Generally you want to find a cu that is max 80 cold 80 energy, 45 poisoning for a 80 80 80 45 80 build.
Or if you go balance build ,as low cold/intensity as possible (80 75 70 70 70).

So.. intensity point spread is important.
Some people may sell a high intensity triton that just has all those points in the resisting spells but super weak strength etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
70 cold 85 energy for me on a Cu.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like to 80/80/70/xx/70 I tend to fight more Phy Fire types and just leave poison where it is.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like to 80/80/70/xx/70 I tend to fight more Phy Fire types and just leave poison where it is.
Certainly you do make it 80 80 70 65 70 though, right? To make it 365 total resist.
Leaving it where it is sort of wasting potential resist.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Certainly you do make it 80 80 70 65 70 though, right? To make it 365 total resist.
Leaving it where it is sort of wasting potential resist.
No I leave it as is and use the points in HP or Mana, everything is perty much standard except my resists. My pets of choice are Cu, GD and Triton. I thought about the 65 poison but decided no because of the 120 heal on the pup.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Then you might as well add more resist on something else like energy / cold.

Adding more resist with lower hp is usually worth it to make a pet way tankier since the diff is usually something like 30hp. Even if your pet has 120 healing to cure lethal poison you might still want to fight mobs that deal poison dmg on hit.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never leave points available for resists. I honestly don't know why anyone would not go to 365 total resists on a pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 firesteeds I use for Mel and Medusa that have no added cold or poison resist so they have more HP. That's the only place they go.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice thing about a MMO you get to tailor stuff to your play style no matter what people claim.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
70 cold 85 energy for me on a Cu.
Same. Physical > Fire > Energy > Cold > Poison. Energy is a very common Element to be hit with, Cold and Poison are fairly rare in comparison. For the rare mobs that do deal heavy Poison damage (Putrifier), a Najasaurus can tank them effortlessly due to 100 Poison Resist. Even that's not needed though, since my 120 Chiv+AI Triton with 80/80/60/57/88 with Consume Damage can kill a discoed Putrifier no problem (and faster than my AI Naja can).

If you really want high Cold Resist, the Frost Mite is king with 85-95 Cold Resist. They themselves deal 100% Cold Damage, but the 2 slot ones can have insane intensity once reaching 5 slots. All the bells and whistles, with points still left to spare and nothing to spend them on. I spent hours farming over a thousand Frost Mites to get a 2 slot with 85 Cold/50 Poison (lowest) to spawn, luckily with 78.3% Intensity. It's a monster at 5 slots, hits the total Stat/Resist/Regen caps, all the 120 PS, and still has 25 TP left with nothing left to spend it on. I use him on Virtuebane, Stygian Dragon, Rikktor, or Semidar.
Icicle 3.PNG