• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Returning player with questions

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Folks,

Well, I returned and transferred to ATL about 2 months or so ago, and getting my archer into shape. Presently sitting at (these are real skills, no jewels):

Archery 110/110
Anat 110/110
Healing 100/110
Tactics 100/100
Bush 100/100
Chiv 100/100
Fishing 100/100
STR 113, DEX 120, INT 15

Been reading, seems there are a number of opinions...all seem to say 120 for archery, anat, tactics. Ranges of bush 80-120, chiv 70-120, resist 0-100, heal 0-110.

I know the first thing is to get the 120 scrolls for archery, tactics and anat (from my reading...that is correct....right?), but I've got to earn some cash to get those in place. The next thing would be....what? Was going to stone fishing, and replace it....with maybe resist.....thought about poisoning (I have 100 on stone, is dark glow any good at all), or leave it blank and take everything to 120? Or add resist? Something else I'm missing?

Looking for opinions from you guys that have been around the last few years that I've missed. Would like to be a balanced type char. He is un-guilded (at the moment anyways), but I would like to be able to solo as well as be an asset to a group. Would like to eventually get into the upper end of some spawns.

Appreciate the assist folks,

Haz

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There are at least 3 such topics on the last page.
And there is a guide for new or returned players sticked.

Have you read all this info?

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course I have Corwin. Your guides trained a number of chars for me (thanks for those btw), as well as info provided by others posts. As I said in my question, there seems to be a semi large range on a few of the skills that go with archery, tacts, and anat. Guess I'm just gonna have to go for it and alter things and see how it goes.

My apologies,

Haz

I guess I was just looking for something different, again my apologizes.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
For more detailed advice you should provide more information:
1. What is your aim and playing style?
2. Are you going to solo Fel chamion spawns?
3. Are you going to Solo Peerless bosses?
4. Are you going to Solo tough bosses (Shimmering Effusion, Slasher, Stygian Dragon)?
5. What artifacts do you have and how much gold are you ready to spend on this char?