• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Returning player with questions

G

GorLS

I just returned from being away for a few years. I have
100 Fishing
105 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
Focus

I have some soulstones and have characters with
100 Magery
100 Mace
100 Swords
Some others with decent taming, bush, chiv, bard skills

With fishing quests and general fishing tasks like SOS, ASOS, nets...
What would be the best direction to go?
Thanks for the help!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just returned from being away for a few years. I have
100 Fishing
105 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
Focus

I have some soulstones and have characters with
100 Magery
100 Mace
100 Swords
Some others with decent taming, bush, chiv, bard skills

With fishing quests and general fishing tasks like SOS, ASOS, nets...
What would be the best direction to go?
Thanks for the help!

As of now, the main attractiveness from Fish Monger Quests is the Powerscrolls and the special poles and traps which allow to fish in lava for special catches.

The baits that come most often as a rewards are really most needed only for the most difficult rare fish or crabs/lobsters which are extremely difficult to catch, even at high skill level.

But in order to have a chance to be given as a reward those rare baits, it is necessary to first do quite a number of Quests to improve in Fish Monger reputation.

Bottom line is, Fish Monger Quests require a lot of patience which, when it comes to fishing, is no news.......

SoS have new items like the bikini and there is now a chance to fish up a special box containing ML ingredients.

Personally, I think that a good way to go is breaking from time to time the monotony of Fish Monger Quests doing a few SoS, Maps and Nets here and there.

By the way, now the white nets have a chance to spawn a new MoB, Scalis the Enforcer. This is a very tough one and cannot be soloed (at least that I know of....).

If you want to expedite your progress with Fish Monger Quests, perhaps you might want to consider buying a 110 Fishing Powerscroll on your shard and advance as fast as you can to 106 fishing skill. This is a requirement to be offered Fishing Orders containing Dungeon Fish which provide the most points and thus, help getting better rewards.

Welcome back !!

erreth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello welcome back. I do a lot of fishing and my temp is similar to what you have started. I would drop the focus, then add healing and some chiv. You will want a way to recall/sacred journey to your boat, especially if you do the fish monger quests popps was talking about. This also gives you the option of swapping the fishing when you just want to use an archer, i usually swap with bushido.

My fisher also has a vollem (pet requiring no taming) it helps greatly with sea serpents. Get one or two if you can!

G

GorLS

Thanks for the advice!
After I posted it I noticed some older posts and recent ones and some suggested archery. Also noticed some with Magery/Mysticism. The one recent post had
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Resist 120
Magery 120
Fishing 120

A TH had a template of swapping between TH and Fishing which sounded interesting as well but I think I'd have to go the magery route or maybe even Taming/Magery with tons of + skills. Guess I need to get the soulstones out and play around a bit with some numbers. Thanks again for the info and if anyone has any other input of course on some unique ideas...

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sea serpents are vulnerable to Snake Slayer. Use a slayer bow or spellbook and they will be belly up before you know it. My fisherman is a mage since I do not use UOAssit or the Enhanced Client to arm/disarm to a bow. You can also use the 3rd circle spell protection (can cast from a scroll w/ 0.0 Magery, buy at the local shop) to not be disrupted by the spells and ranged attacks of your opponents, from your boat.

Watch out for pirates.

Stayin Alive,

BG

G

GorLS

I think I settled on
Magery 100
Mystic 60
Focus 100
Inscription 100
Fishing 100
Resist only 70 atm
Those are real skill values which of course I'll have to PS and work on them. I really like the way this would work if I decide to stone some treasure hunting skills. Got a 17x16 house on Britain beach so I'm set :thumbup1: Now I just need to decide on a boat and I'm golden. I have about 20 SOS to start off