• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player wanting to Thunt on new Bard character

Alan_NZ

Visitor
Hey team,

I've recently come back to UO after many years away, I've have played off and on since launch but it's been 6-7 years since I was last in game. I thought i'd try something completely new this time so I've made a Bard, which to my surprise i'm really loving!

The problem I'm having is that i'd really like to do treasure hunts on my Bard. I mostly play solo on Oceania and I use to really enjoy doing them in the past, and they'd be more interesting than just killing the same mobs that i'm doing at the moment, but I can't figure out how to manage it without nerfing my character. I'm currently:

120 Provoke
115 Music
115 Discordance
110 Peace
100 Magery
100 Eval
60 Med

Ideally I'd like the bard skills at 120, but I'm too poor for the scrolls at the moment so that's not likely anytime soon. I've got two soulstones, and have GM lockpicking and cartography on another character. I'll have to train remove trap but want to think of a way to make this work before starting that ordeal.

Any suggestions on what I should soulstone out to fit in what I need to do maps on my Bard? I figure I can dump med, eval, and magery if I need to, but I'm a bit lost after that, and losing magery would be a major pain.

It might be a case of me wanting to have my cake and eat it too, but am open to suggestions!

Thanks all, it's nice to be back!

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think a pure Bard T-Hunter will be a bit difficult if you are planning on soloing. Stash, Supply and Cache should be doable, but Hoard and Trove will be difficult. Taking down multiple Ancient Wyrms, Frost Dragons or Balrons will be tough with only Bard skills. I'm not saying impossible, but pretty difficult.

I know that Bard-Tamers can work pretty well. That might be something to consider.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Agreed. I gave up barding on my treasure hunter during the great bard nerf. I still play a bard occasionally, just not on my t-hunter.

My Mystic and my tamer make great t-hunters, and I even have a melee t-hunter I use for Stash and Supply.