• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Returning player - Thunt Questions

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Hey Guys,

I've returning after a 6ish year break. I've got caught up on the new Tmaps, its my understanding that Trove is the highest level correct?

Question is - where do you get Trove maps from in fel? AW, Balrons? Is that the best spot?

Does luck matter, and if it does does the supposed 1k luck bonus in fel make a difference?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For the lower maps that is true but when came out with the level 6 and 7 maps, they made the 6 on paragons only or miasma and things like that and the 7s were really hard to get. Generally had to loot it in the chest of a level 6 map. The trove maps would be random, you might get some fel maps but could get them for any facet really. The UO RNG truly sucks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For Fel Trove maps, the easiest way to get them is to do Fel Hoard maps, which have them as loot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's the basics for template changes:

The first three new levels (original 1-5) can be done at GM magery without lockpicking. Only Hoard and Trove require actual lockpicking.
Cartography now includes the old mining bonus, so you don't need Mining anymore. You WILL want to keep Cartography on the character at all time.
Remove Trap has to be used, but can be used at 0 skill (you just have to fight a lot of spawn during the post-dig cooldown).

Hazela

Visitor
Here's the basics for template changes:

The first three new levels (original 1-5) can be done at GM magery without lockpicking. Only Hoard and Trove require actual lockpicking.
Cartography now includes the old mining bonus, so you don't need Mining anymore. You WILL want to keep Cartography on the character at all time.
Remove Trap has to be used, but can be used at 0 skill (you just have to fight a lot of spawn during the post-dig cooldown).
Ok...so digging this up a bit from the past, but I am yet another returning player ('97-'03ish). Anyways, playing a mystic/mage T-hunter - current skills as follows:

100 Mysticism
100 Magery
100 Focus
100 Meditation
92.2 Cartography
75.0 Remove Trap
30.0 Lockpicking

I plan to drop meditation as i raise the other skills to eventually end up with 120 myst/mage with the rest of the skills at GM (Med at 60). Does this seem like a viable solo template?

Additionally - I'm a bit curious about your statement on Remove Trap above. Is it not necessary in a t-hunter template (assuming I'm willing to fight more spawn)? Or is there something I don't understand?

I appreciate the help!

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Remove Traps isn't necessary but it is very useful. It cuts down on the number of explosion ticks the chest does, which reduces the amount of extra guardians and the amount of time before you can start looting, and cuts down the damage of those explosions. My T-Hunter only has like 82ish RT but it's enough to make level 3 maps only spawn one guardian while removing the trap and the explosion only hits me for around 15 damage. I don't know the numbers on level 4 and 5 maps yet as my cartography is only 93. I farmed up 25k blank scrolls today so gonna spend tomorrow burning alacrity scrolls and leveling it to GM lol

Hazela

Visitor
Remove Traps isn't necessary but it is very useful. It cuts down on the number of explosion ticks the chest does, which reduces the amount of extra guardians and the amount of time before you can start looting, and cuts down the damage of those explosions. My T-Hunter only has like 82ish RT but it's enough to make level 3 maps only spawn one guardian while removing the trap and the explosion only hits me for around 15 damage. I don't know the numbers on level 4 and 5 maps yet as my cartography is only 93. I farmed up 25k blank scrolls today so gonna spend tomorrow burning alacrity scrolls and leveling it to GM lol
Interesting, thanks for the info. I was under the assumption that cartography skill only increased the dig site radius, meaning how close to the location that you actually had to be to find the chest. Then again, maybe I just made that up, lol.

Anyways - looks like I'll work on both LP and RT, sounds like a good mind-numbing exercise in repetition for a Saturday :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting, thanks for the info. I was under the assumption that cartography skill only increased the dig site radius, meaning how close to the location that you actually had to be to find the chest. Then again, maybe I just made that up, lol.

Anyways - looks like I'll work on both LP and RT, sounds like a good mind-numbing exercise in repetition for a Saturday :)
On Cartography, you're forgetting you need mid-90s cartography for level 4, and 100 cartography for level 5, to decode maps. Seraphina was saying that they are not high enough level to DO those maps yet, so do not know how much sub-GM Remove Trap affects the disarm time on those maps. That's in addition to the higher cartography increasing the dig radius.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Level 4 and 5 both require 100 Cartography to decode, at least according to the official wiki. But yeah that's what I meant lol. I remember seeing a chart recently showing the different tick amounts and damage numbers for Remove Traps but I can't seem to find it now. Which means it was probably a recent addition on UOGuide that didn't get archived before the site went down.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UOGuide is back up and so is the chart ^^

Gonna include a pic of it here though just in case it ends up going down again in the future. Personally I plan on staying at 80 Remove Trap to keep just the one tic of damage and spawn. That frees me up to have 120 Taming and Lore(if I can ever afford the PS) without having to drop my other skills

Attachments

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
It should be mentioned that the Felucca version of the Hag's Quest will always give a Felucca treasure map; usually supply through hoard. More often it'll be supply or cache level.

You can also get Felucca hoard maps from Miasma treasure chests but you'll also get a ton of other facet's maps, too.