• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player (some 5 years)

L

larven74

i have a few quiestions (probably dumb too)

1 how do i claim veteran rewards? it seems like i have 5
waiting, wich leads me to a question 2:

2 the only thing (for a newbie like me) is to sell them, get
cash for a house, are they worth much? wich leads me to a third:

3 how much does a "medium" house cost on this shard, i guess
there are no open spots left, to place one myself (house deed), wich leads
me to the last question:

4 where do i find houses for sale on this shard?

ps

(whoopner, are you still around?)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can probably find a large house spot open in malas - jack flash or thp on the forums may be able to help you

Welcome back too, nice to see so many returning faces.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best selling item you will get is a 1st year vet reward called a Commodity deed box. They sell for 5 mill each. So if you take 5 of them there’s a 25 mill return on your rewards.

To collect them just choose from the menu when you log in it should just appear unless you have UOassist set to hide the menu.

Housing in UO is easy these days there are many spots available right up to 18X18 just have a jog around the server you will see many spaces. Houses can now be designed by yourself and cost as little or as much as you like depending on how you design it.

Hope this helped

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I advise against selling off all your vet rewards. A commodity deed box and one or more soulstones at least should be considered.
There are open spots, between changes to blocking and the addition of facets that allow housing there are far more housing spaces than there were 5 years ago.

L

larven74

awesome, thank you all!

i guess you can only place houses in trammel....?

as far as vet reward claim goes, no box, nada when i log in
(it might have been there when i logged on for the first time)

and where do i find all these luna vendors you talk about?

i know, dumb questions but i havent played uo in ages!

thanks again

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can place houses in Trammel, Felucca, Malas, some parts of Tokuno and near the Royal city of Ter Mur.
Not sure on the vet reward gump, unless you use uoa and have it set to auto-cancel. Luna is one of the 2 cities of Malas, provided your account is upgraded to that expansion you'll find it on the moongate list. Player vendor houses are place all around the outside of the main city building, within the city walls.

L

larven74

ah, ok i see. i'll get all expensions i guess.

and no, uo assist is not installed yet. i guess
i'll try to reinstall the client from scratch.

thanks a ton for the help.

so where do ppl gather these days, it used to be brit bank, x-roads......

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

so where do ppl gather these days, it used to be brit bank, x-roads......
Luna bank is where every one goes now. Since they did an invasion of Brit which, went on for a few weeks no one goes to brit bank anymore :mad:

Z

zoop

Luna bank is where every one goes now. Since they did an invasion of Brit which, went on for a few weeks no one goes to brit bank anymore :mad:
Yea, and I still find that "banksitting" change the worst thing that happened to UO in its history :( I wish people would leave Luna and hang out in Brit again where you can actually see something and stroll around. I find the visual mess that is standing inside Luna's bank horrid.

We should all move back to Brit :p

L

larven74

Commodity deed box is one of the rewards out of a total 3 (1 used)

thats weird, the account is created back in 98 but when i log on it
says this account is 28 months old.....

so, the best item to sell is this box?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The account only counts active months not since when you created the account.

L

larven74

ok thanks

where do i find info on these rewards, what is what.....

something about a 2004 winning house award, is that a deed?

O

Out of Date

i have a few quiestions (probably dumb too)

1 how do i claim veteran rewards? it seems like i have 5
waiting, wich leads me to a question 2:

2 the only thing (for a newbie like me) is to sell them, get
cash for a house, are they worth much? wich leads me to a third:

3 how much does a "medium" house cost on this shard, i guess
there are no open spots left, to place one myself (house deed), wich leads
me to the last question:

4 where do i find houses for sale on this shard?

ps

(whoopner, are you still around?)

1. you get a popup message saying you have them, click okay and claim whatever you want.

2. If I were you I would pick an etheral horse or two
for myself, a soulstone or two (since they cost 12-15 million to get elsewhere)
and commodoty deed box(es) since they're also very expencive and very very
useful.

3. you dont need cash for a house, uo has mroe lands and fewer players than ever so there are house spots literally everywhere.

4. To my knowledge noone really sells houses anymore, unless particularly big, or in a perticularly nice location - and those few houses who tend to
still have value, has a huge value. Myself I placed a keep recently in an open
spot so you get the picture.

5. Welcome back ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back to the game :)

If you need a hand with anything, grab someone from SAOR guild, who will help you themselves or, if they can't, find a guildie who can. If you're looking for ingame help, you could do a lot worse than put a char or two in the guild, as with guild chat, you have instant access to all the collective knowledge we have, and we're set up to help new and returning players. If there's anything we can do to help, give us a shout :)

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh another returnie :) I just started again too and also really confused...keep dying to mongbats.

and indeed it's easy to place a house now.

was just wondering, where do people play these days? I used to doom a lot and the paragons in ilshenar when i was playing solo. no idea about anything that happened after feb 2005 (yep when wow came out).

oh and where do i find reasonable armor ? gave everything away when i quit. seemed like a good idea at the time, and i don't regret it, but it's sooo annoying shopping around and thinking "oh had that, and that too, gah worth 14 mill now?, oh i had loads of that too..and that..."

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen on UHall, you have a tamer. Get new tank pets and you can do same as before. They are greater dragon 5 slots, cu-sidhe rideable 4 slots.

For starter kit armor, its really cheap to make all 70 resist + 100lrc gear. Ask any skilled imbuer (like me), cost of materials is around 50k plus some for work.

L

larven74

ah, thanks a TON for all the replies, i'm really lost you know.
i have NO clue whats going on these days....and yes, its REALLY good to be back! (ive done so many mmo's now, ive lost the count)

:thumbup:

deed box sold, for 4.8m, i got my house, and set to go.

i have a zillion newb questions oc, but i'll ask them elsewere.

buttom line is i have a ****load to learn, uo is far from what it once was.

thanks again, for all the help, i REALLY appreciate it!

- a norwegian newbie (with a veteran account, thank god)

L

larven74

Welcome back to the game :)

If you need a hand with anything, grab someone from SAOR guild, who will help you themselves or, if they can't, find a guildie who can. If you're looking for ingame help, you could do a lot worse than put a char or two in the guild, as with guild chat, you have instant access to all the collective knowledge we have, and we're set up to help new and returning players. If there's anything we can do to help, give us a shout :)

i'm taking notes.....

:drool:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If either of you want to stick a char in the guild til you get on your feet and have your questions answered, or for longer, just drop me a PM and we'll arrange to meet up in game or grab someone from the guild and ask for Cail :)

We can also get you started with armour, template advice, where to hunt, what to hunt and who to hunt it with (always something going on) and we run a pretty good rescue and res service too :)

L

larven74

If either of you want to stick a char in the guild til you get on your feet and have your questions answered, or for longer, just drop me a PM and we'll arrange to meet up in game or grab someone from the guild and ask for Cail :)

We can also get you started with armour, template advice, where to hunt, what to hunt and who to hunt it with (always something going on) and we run a pretty good rescue and res service too :)
thanks, i think i'll take your generous offer.

i don't play 24/7 like i used to, more like a casual, if thats ok......

guild webiste?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks, i think i'll take your generous offer.

i don't play 24/7 like i used to, more like a casual, if thats ok......

guild webiste?

Hun, we have some players who log in every day, some who log in once a month and others who log in once a year or so. Real life always comes first. Unfortunately!

We have a guild forum, that's open to guild members only. It's not what you'd call lively and is there more so that I can use the 'mass email' button to keep in touch with ALL the members, even the ones who haven't logged in for a month of Sundays :)

Let me know when you'll be about and I'll come and meet you - pick a city, or a dungeon, I've got runes to most places :)

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me too please! :) I am still guilded, I think the guildmaster forgot to cancel his account. Have to go and find the guildstone I suppose. Also thanks for showing me those turkey things yesterday.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me too please! :) I am still guilded, I think the guildmaster forgot to cancel his account. Have to go and find the guildstone I suppose. Also thanks for showing me those turkey things yesterday.

I'll be on and off line today (lunch is almost ready; I can smell the bacon *drools*) so let me know when you'll be about and we can meet up. You too Larven, if you're done patching :)

(Our guild shop and house are south of Luna. Take the south road and follow it, over the bridge, past the brigands. We're about two screens beyond the camp on the same side. If you get to the mountains, you've gone too far!)

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

Make sure you download and try the new client. "Enhanced Client"

Its got build in map, easy macros and hotbars (you dont need UOassist), zoomable and free scaled playarea, option for grid view bags (which is just so much easier to keep your stuff organiced) and alot of other things.

And get into SAOR! Its great :)

L

larven74

thanks, yes i have the new client, i like it but
it will take some time to get used to it instead of uoa

i need some more advice

i have a total of 4 accounts, 2 of them are active again,
but i'm unable to re open the two others. i've forgotten my
password, and the email used w. the accounts are unavailable/old.

so, i figured that EA support could handle this,make them send the password to my new email adress,
but thats almost a week ago..............still no answer. so what do i do? call them instead?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah give them a call... I know that worked for a friend of mine who didnt have access to the e-mail adress that was associated with the account.

B

Boogieman

All guild settings and options for your character are now handled through the menu you open when pressing the 'guild' button next to your paperdoll.

There you should be able to find the resign from guild option.

L

larven74

so, i re rolled a new char, arher-mage. does anyone know
where to go? destard? new places? (expansion's)

i REALLY miss my old runebag(s) from my oldest account.....
( forgot password /old email)

have been looking through luna vendors, but haven't come across
marked runes, hunting grounds.

suggestions?

and thanks for beeing so helpful so far

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, i re rolled a new char, arher-mage. does anyone know
where to go? destard? new places? (expansion's)

i REALLY miss my old runebag(s) from my oldest account.....
( forgot password /old email)

have been looking through luna vendors, but haven't come across
marked runes, hunting grounds.

suggestions?

and thanks for beeing so helpful so far

I'll be about the guild house/shop at about 8pm tonight. If you want to have a wander down, I'll make you some rune books and a rune to the building. I used a vet reward and got a neat lil doodad called a crystal portal. You stand next to it, say the right words and it takes you to any bank or moongate. It's set so anyone can access it :)

L

larven74

I'll be about the guild house/shop at about 8pm tonight. If you want to have a wander down, I'll make you some rune books and a rune to the building. I used a vet reward and got a neat lil doodad called a crystal portal. You stand next to it, say the right words and it takes you to any bank or moongate. It's set so anyone can access it :)
neat

united - spurs coming up (carling cup) so i'll be either drunk for a week or online later,it depends on the fallout of the game......(audere est facere)

:thumbup:

pm me yor icq (if you have) and i'll get in touch pretty soon.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
united - spurs coming up (carling cup) so i'll be either drunk for a week or online later,it depends on the fallout of the game......(audere est facere)

As long as you're a Spurs fan, I'll come and help. :thumbup:

I'll be around on Thursday evening; I have nothing but the kit I logged-out in and whatever was in the bank, but we could go for a bit of a wander. :eyes:

L

larven74

As long as you're a Spurs fan, I'll come and help. :thumbup:

I'll be around on Thursday evening; I have nothing but the kit I logged-out in and whatever was in the bank, but we could go for a bit of a wander. :eyes:
lifelong spurs supporter (35 years old)

:pint:

how many players do we have on our shard?

100? 1k? 10k?

L

larven74

might as well throw in another question, but then i'll shut up
for a while :stir:

evil champions

i need i bunch of powerscrolls (like everyone else i guess)
so these buggers drop them, right?

and what does it take to bring one down? 2 mages and a paldin
or a small army?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
might as well throw in another question, but then i'll shut up
for a while :stir:

evil champions

i need i bunch of powerscrolls (like everyone else i guess)
so these buggers drop them, right?

and what does it take to bring one down? 2 mages and a paldin
or a small army?

The champs, no bother. The red raiding parties? BIG bother :)

PS drop off fel champs. You probably don't want to go there just yet :)

L

larven74

need some more advice

a good tamer template. right now duke larven has something like

100 magery
102 archery
100 tatics
100 eval int
100 music
80 resist and the rest provocation
(i'm at work atm, it may not be 100% accurate)

so i'm thinking about dropping archery/tactics/prov or even eval int and resist if needed,

or maybe you have a suggestion for another fun template? i'm simply tired of
beeing an archer-mage and need to do something different, so i'm thinking about a tamer.

question 2, is this going to take like forever, to get skills up there and a decent pet?
if it's going to take me 5 hours a day, for almost half a year, then i can just forget about it.

thanks in advance

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question 2, is this going to take like forever, to get skills up there and a decent pet?
if it's going to take me 5 hours a day, for almost half a year, then i can just forget about it.
3xGM real skill tamer in one month is possible (5 hours a day)
You may use advanced token (to save 1st week of training) and relay on jewelry.