• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, questions about templates.

Hello all,

I'm a returning player, back from the 98-2002 days, and briefly in 2012. Decided to fire up the client and what do ya know, got hooked all over again.

I've spend a few weeks leveling some support characters (smith, scribe, etc.), but now looking to create a warrior type. I've done a lot of homework reading through the forums, and would like an opinion on a couple of things.

I am really interested in CorwinXX Melee Archer build, but unfortunately do not have the items/resources to properly build it. My question is, are these types of builds viable for a newer player? I feel like I'm sacrificing too much melee or too much ranged damage to cram everything into a single template.

Having said that, I'm generally more of a solo player, and have accepted that maybe I'll need to create 2 builds in order to get what I'm looking for (an archer build & melee build). I really like the look of the ABC Archer and Bushido/Paladin warrior types (not into Sampire or anything vampire related, for RP purposes)

So, would it be more practical to setup 2 different characters, and getting more out of them? I'm finding that it's no longer "GM a smith, get a sword, kill things" kind of game, and would love some feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Melee + archer is a fun build. It can be expensive as a first character since you'll find yourself wanting to craft slayer bows and slayer melee weapons.

I personally run 2 different sampire builds and a melee/archer/paladin. It is certainly doable to have two templates on two different characters. I would focus on one as the primary gold maker so you can start funding your other toons.

If you haven't already, start working on imbuing by unraveling magic item junk that you find from your fighter. Eventually, you'll probably want to start imbuing your own gear/weapons.