• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player. Questions about pre-patch pets and pet training.

Derrick

Visitor
Hi,

So I am back into UO after several years out of the loop. The new "pet trianing" system is new to me, and honestly there aren't any atricles that seem to put "everything' together, but I have pieced some info together.

I have a few pre-patch pets but I don't know if they are even any good. I am looking to put together a 5 slot pet to kill solo (not groups) mobs.

Here is what I have

Nightrmare - 2 slots
Hp - 306
Stam - 92
Mana - 125
Str - 519
Dex - 92
Int - 125
Resist 57/31/39/36/27

Hiryu - 4 slots
Hp - 461
Stam - 125
Mana - 60
Str - 619
Dex - 125
Int - 321
Resist 63/80/20/45/48
Skills above 100:
Wrestle: 106.7/106.7
Parry: 101.3/101.5

Nightrmare - 4 slots
Hp - 564
Stam - 79
Mana - 256
Str - 602
Dex - 79
Int - 256
Resist 63/38/80/42/80

Are any of these worth training or am I better off finding a better one out in the wild now?

For example, if I wanted to train my Hiryu to kill paragon Blarons, what is my best bet? How many skill points will I get leveling it from 4->5 slots? What should I add? I have read AI and Chiv for Hiryus... will I have enough points with this greater? Should I raise str and dex? What should I do.

Sorry I can't find much on what to do and why. Any help?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sent you a pm about the hiryu.

The 2 slot nightmare is the best of those. Rename it and store it away until you train a few pets.

Something is odd about the 4 slot nightmare. Seems already trained and points put on. Verify it is a Nightmare by seeing if the damage % are the same as the other.

A Cu Sidhe is best against a paragon balron. The damages match its lowest resistances.

AI/Chivalry is the best build.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also look at the top of the forum. Pet training A to Z. That tells you a lot.

I can't make links on my beach device.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hi,

So I am back into UO after several years out of the loop. The new "pet trianing" system is new to me, and honestly there aren't any atricles that seem to put "everything' together, but I have pieced some info together.

I have a few pre-patch pets but I don't know if they are even any good. I am looking to put together a 5 slot pet to kill solo (not groups) mobs.

Here is what I have

Nightrmare - 2 slots
Hp - 306
Stam - 92
Mana - 125
Str - 519
Dex - 92
Int - 125
Resist 57/31/39/36/27

Hiryu - 4 slots
Hp - 461
Stam - 125
Mana - 60
Str - 619
Dex - 125
Int - 321
Resist 63/80/20/45/48
Skills above 100:
Wrestle: 106.7/106.7
Parry: 101.3/101.5

Nightrmare - 4 slots
Hp - 564
Stam - 79
Mana - 256
Str - 602
Dex - 79
Int - 256
Resist 63/38/80/42/80

Are any of these worth training or am I better off finding a better one out in the wild now?

For example, if I wanted to train my Hiryu to kill paragon Blarons, what is my best bet? How many skill points will I get leveling it from 4->5 slots? What should I add? I have read AI and Chiv for Hiryus... will I have enough points with this greater? Should I raise str and dex? What should I do.

Sorry I can't find much on what to do and why. Any help?
What Pawain said, PLUS!!! 4-slot nightamre intrained with these stats?
I think you have a treasure mare here bud!
Chances are it is a ooold Dreadhorse/Dreadmare. Look at the lore pages, check to see if fire is 40%, take it outside the stabe stall and say the word "trick" to it (no quotes!). It will PUFF A CLOUD OF SMOKE FROM ITS BODY if it is a Dreadmare. It does not spawn, it is an absolute rare, and would definitely not destroy!
Now days it is worth 250-350 Million uo gold, regardless of other offers, to certain rare pet collectors.
If so this is your most important pet..It may drop to 4 slots when you hit the training button, not sure.
This will be your bank roll to jumpstart your UO gaming, especially if you dont have any gold..
Welcome back to UO. Also, for selling pets and current day pricing always check the trades forums. Do that before selling any dreads, Bane dragons, Pre-patch pets like your mare : They can bring in a pretty penny. They are irreplaceable, since no longer spawning.