• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Returning player, pure PvM necro template?

CludusKrevil

Visitor
Hi all, as a returning player I'm confused/baffled by how many hybrid necro/mage or necro/bushido or necro/archer builds are around. I have never played a necromancer as it wasn't around when I played last, but was wondering if something like a pure summon necro template was viable / existed for PVM?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a necro mage weaver which is fun, template is 120 magery, eval, med, necro, spirit speak, spellweaving.

For summons I use Energy Vortex, vengeful spirit, and the summon reaper from the spellweaving mastery.

Other spells I use a lot, magery: bless, heal, greater heal, fireball, lightening, cure, energy bolt, flamestrike, chain lightening, meteor swarm.
Necro: corpse skin, wither, pain spike, poison strike, strangle, wraith form (leech mana from your target).
Spellweaving: word of death mostly, to finish off my target with high damage; but most of the spells have their uses.

Gear I went for spell damage increase, lower mana cost 40, lower reagent cost 100, all 70s resists, as much int, mana, mana regen aa possible.

CludusKrevil

Visitor
Thanks Odin, I wanted to avoid having a double magic user as reagent costs would just be absurd... not sure yet about lower reagent cost gear, how and where to find it :( total noob again!

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
If you are ok with running a tamer, I think a necro with a fire beetle is great.

fire beetles do 100% fire damage and have rune corrupt to lower resists. A flame strike spam with corpse skin and rune corrupt can do huge damage.

lower regents is super easy to get. Just use vendor search and you can get a full suit on the cheap.
If you are on Atlantic I can give you a full suit with mostly major or legendary pieces for free

Kahnabys

Visitor
Hey, I am also a returning player and haven't played since the T2A era. I have PvM necro/tamer build questions.

The build would look something like this:
110 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
120 Eval Int
100 Magery
60 Meditation
100 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak

I would be using a Katalkotl's Ring for +20 Magery/ +10 Meditation/+10 Resist Spells.

Would it be better to go for a Crystal Ring and switch Meditation for Focus?
Am I gimping myself not going Resist Spells? Veterinary?
How much SDI should I go for?

Last edited: