• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player picking up Fishing and starting a T Hunter.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, its great to be back. I have taken a year out and am so happy to be back among the population once more.

I have picked up fishing on an existing char.. I am at around 55 skill so far but I was wondering if i need to upgrade to High seas to do the fishing quests and own the new boat type.

I started my T hunter with lockpicking and carto and I am working magery... is tinkering a good skill to complement my training for making lockpicks ect and cannon ammo???

also as a pure mage how well will i do if I am working the guardian spawns solo?? would I be able to solo up to say level 5?

I have ready the faq but wanted some info from you active t hunters out there.

S

Striped Damsel

Ahoy! I also am a returning player, I have been gone 3 or 4 years. I am picking up fishing on a character also to try out this new booster. I went from 45-65 fishing in about 4 hours of fishing I would say. My T-Hunter however is not on the account that I reactivated, so I am debating reactivating that account as well. With a pure mage you are going to have a tough time doing lvl 5 spawns. Id recommend either taking taming or bard skills. Alot of people are using the new Mysticism i think it is, but I have no experience with it, and do not plan to, as I refuse to buy the gargoyle expansion. Below is what my t-hunter template was, and it worked pretty well for up to lvl 6 maps (the highest at the time i left).

100 Magery
100 lockpicking
100 Cartography
100 Peace
100 Music
100 Meditation
100 evalint

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LvL 5's can be done easily with magery. I have no trouble doing lvl 5's on my t-hunter and his 'fighting' abilities consist of 110 magery + 110 meditation. (So using ev's + invis + keeping some distance yourself is enough to deal with monsters from a lvl 5.) Not to mention, that my t-hunter wears not the most expensive suit. *g*

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent, I will stick with magery then. Also can i just ask, can i fish up the fish needed for the fishing quests without having the high seas booster??

thanks, Razic

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you can fish up the new mib items without the booster, you will need to buy the booster to own a new ship and do the fishing quests.
My char on Siege has a somewhat strange template, enhanced by jewels since I can make new ones easily enough if I lose them.
She has: Hiding, Stealth, Stealing, Fishing, Cartography, Lockpicking, Magery, a small amount of Ninjitsu.
Currently she's going nicely in circles fishing up mibs from treasure maps and digging up treasure maps from mibs.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for all your advice, I am making a new char to be my treasure hunter so I am keeping fishing on my mage, having said that my Thunter is going to be a mage anyhow so I may just convert this char and make a new char to "hold" his leftover skills. How does this look??

Current skills:

Magery 110
Eval 110
Meditation 100
Spellweave GM
Mystic 90 (will be 100)
Imbue 79 (grrr)
Fishing 60 ( ;-( )

If i stone of skills and use

Magery 110
Eval 110
Fishing (100)
Carto (100)
Lockpick (100)
mining (100)
Meditation 100

I have had a look at this temp on the template thread and it seems ok, what do you guys (and girls) that know what you are talking about think??

thank you again.