• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player Pally

TheVeid

Visitor
I left UO long time ago. I used to play a pally with just chiv and no healing but the game has changed a lot since then. Currently I have a samp that works fine. However, I would like to do something with this pally. I would like to be able to do fel champ spawns either alone or with another player. I don't really care for the sampire on fel champ spawns. I struggle with the level 3 spawn although soloing coon and neira if they are up is easy enough. I would like to do Coon, Neira, Semi champs from beginning to end solo if need be with this toon. I am open to any changes as long as it is melee based toon.

I was thinking of doing a 4/6 swords and shield pally with HLL, HML, HSL, HLD and high end gear. I currently have:
120 Swords
120 Chiv
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Resist Spells
120 Parrying

Is there a template that would be best for fel champ spawns?

I don't want to have a gimped template. I think some of the templates have dropped resist spells or anatomy and use healing. I don't really understand why. It seems to be that pally healing would be fine if there is a chain of misses on these bosses.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For champion spawns I would add at last 100 Bushido. It will add bonus for whirlwind special move Bushido - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

So your template could become something like this:
The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

You can always use soul stones to choose your skills between 120 Anatomy, 120 Resisting Spells, 120 Healing, 120 Parrying etc. depending on situation.

Sword & Shield is a problem. You can use it with Bushido on some situations (but then change Parrying to something else)

Chivalry Close Wounds - you need to stop swinging weapon to use it. So it means you usually need to step back from fight. Healing can be used all the time without interrupting your swinging. Very handy when fighting for example Blackthorn Masters.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agree on the close wounds remark. I rarely use it but rely on enhanced bandages instead ... for the reason stated.

Also agree on using soulstones for swapping skills on and off. Handy little buggers they are!

Last edited: