• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player needs help to tell apart "old" pets from "new"...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am starting to get knowledged about the changing to Taming, the ability to train pets with powerscrolls and all that.

Through reading, I have noticed several warnings from players to watch out before starting training on older pets not to ruin their "better" stats as compared to new pets...

Problem is, "how" to tell apart an older pet which should be carefully managed in regards to its stats from a newer one ?

Being a returning player, of course all my stabled pets are old....

This means that all of them have stats which I should be carefull not to screw up when training them ?

But "how" ?

What does a tamer need to look in their pet to tell whether or not they are a "special" Legacy pet with some special stats which should not be touched ?

Could anyone please give me the details of this and tell "how" I am supposed to tell apart older pets from newer pets in regards to their management to getting trained ?

Thanks !

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could anyone please give me the details of this and tell "how" I am supposed to tell apart older pets from newer pets in regards to their management to getting trained ?

Thanks !
We recently put up a mostly finished article on our website about legacy pets

click here for article

The article is pretty much a combination of stuff i've posted on stratics along with some new info.

Also you do not want to train those animals until you have a very VERY firm grasp of the training system

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
We recently put up a mostly finished article on our website about legacy pets

click here for article

The article is pretty much a combination of stuff i've posted on stratics along with some new info.

Also you do not want to train those animals until you have a very VERY firm grasp of the training system
This is greatly appreciated!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All your pets should be pre pet training. Find someone on your shard that can look at your pets or post picks here for advise. Remember before training any pet to copy your tamer with all your pets to TC to do the training first, that way if you make a mistake then you can copy again till you get exactly what you want.