• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

returning player needs confirmation

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello, Just returning to UO after many years away and looking for some confirmation. I've read my old two slot mare and fire steed should be left in the stable until I learn the new taming system. I've also read I am fine to use them as long as I DO NOT touch that little blue button. what is the answer ok to use (don't touch the button) or do not use at all and leave in stable until new system is better known? ffff.PNG

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As Petra said, safe to hunt with, don't touch the button till you have experimented with fresh tames first.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What shard? Maybe someone here can help you.

Fear not the blue button when nothing is next to it.

Do not push it when it says 100% until you have confidence in your knowledge.
Also, tamers have to remember that the taming skill increases when they to go apply points. Something they were able to control they might no longer be able to.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What shard? Maybe someone here can help you.

Fear not the blue button when nothing is next to it.

Do not push it when it says 100% until you have confidence in your knowledge.
Atlantic, copying over to test to do some testing shortly. (returning vet with noob question for ya) I see "untrained" pet here in the forums, in game itself, I'm a bit curious what does everyone consider "untrained". Does it mean have not hit that blue button yet? because using my pets without hitting that button my pets are gaining skills?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic, copying over to test to do some testing shortly. (returning vet with noob question for ya) I see "untrained" pet here in the forums, in game itself, I'm a bit curious what does everyone consider "untrained". Does it mean have not hit that blue button yet? because using my pets without hitting that button my pets are gaining skills?
Training occurs when the blue button is pressed. Skilling is gaining skills on any pet.

I hate skilling! I :heart:Training