• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Returning player needs advice on character creation

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello :)

I played Uo on and off from 2000 to 2010 and stopped playing then but now I feel the need to play again.
I still have my old account but I wish to try and create new characters on a new shard.

First of them would be my favorite Peace tamer (taming, lore, vet, music peace magic).
I remember some, I've read some and I feel ready to begin but if I found a lot of information on skill choices I've not found anything about stats.
What should I aim for stats wise for that template ? (magery being only for recall, healing, gate and such and I'll try and get maybe 25 med to go with that).

And maybe what skills should I chose in character creation ?
I remember it was best to get 2 at 50 rather than spread the points in all because you can buy up to 30 or so from NPCs ?
If so and if memory serves the hardest 2 to raise would be magery (because no LRC , med or eval int) and vet ?
So if I'm right those 2 to 50 and some points in the others so that I get the basic tools (like an instrument for my bard) ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cannot offer you any advice on templates etc but I would suggest you post on UOHall - almost sure to get some answers there.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cannot offer you any advice on templates etc but I would suggest you post on UOHall - almost sure to get some answers there.
Thanks will do that :)
It also occurred to me that the taming subforum would have been better than this one :p Oh well !

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd get peace and taming as your 'free' skills, magery can be quite easily trained through spamming spells but the other two are pretty hard work.

25 meditation skill points hardly seems worth it, especially if your character is human (Jack of all Trades racial ability gives 20 points by default in every skill, these do not stack with skills you train up, so from 0-20 you'd be dropping skill points with no benefit). The equipment available nowadays should cover you for mana regen and it's still worth wearing medable armour even with no points in the skill, it seems to affect the regen rate anyway.

Mysticism is a nice addition/alternative to magery for healing, spellweaving also has some good support spells, it's pretty easy to get skill bonuses on jewels now if you need to go over the total cap although you generally have to sacrifice other useful properties to make space for them. Have a play while you're training and you'll find what works best for you :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peace is the easiest of the Bard skills to train. Start with Disco or Provo.

Best way to start is to come to the Meet & Greet at West Bank Britain any day at 6pm UK time.
Not only will you get help & advice, but a free starter suit from Molly who runs the New Player House.
All of the above is free of charge, as is the coffee & pizza.

:D

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you all for your advice :D

I finally remembered that there is a test shard and went there to try a few things on a 14 days trial account and that made me change my mind.
I decided that instead of starting fresh I would retrieve my old characters on drachenfels and move them to europa, so I now have fully functional chars even if they have little belongings because all was inside my house including some skills on my soulstones, all my vet rewards and some nice artifacts .. oh well live and learn.
Also the move is still in progress because I have 7 chars to move and can only do one per 24 hours as I just learned when trying to move my second one.

As soon as I have all my family together and know exactly what I need I'll gladly come the meet and greet and I'll even bring some homemade pizza (I have around 90 cooking on one of my crafters )... I didn't find the option to brew coffee though :p )