• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, need gfx help please

S

Sigma986

Hi all, I used to play from 2000-2005 and have been gone since then. I'm trying to get back into the game now but having problems getting the enhanced client to run. I'm on ubuntu and have winxp on vbox. I installed UO on the vbox then transfered the install directory over to my wine directory. I have corefonts/fontfix/dx9/dx10 packages installed through winetricks. UO starts up and I can see the golden cursor & move it aruond and hear the game music but the rest of the screen just stays black. Any help would be much appreciated!!! :)

S

Sigma986

In case any one else has this problem on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 I managed to solve it. Start Windows in VirtualBox in safe mode by pressing f8 during boot up. Then go to Devices>Install Guest Additions>Check Install d3d>Reboot>Enhanced Client should work with no graphics display errors. :)