• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Returning Player, lost.

Calcutta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returning to OSI after taking an extended break (about 2 months after High Sea's booster was released). I have eaten a 120 tailor scroll and managed to get to 106.9 before I left, I would like to train this and blacksmith both to 120 this time around. Any help? Seems most the guides are written in 2013 or 2014, has anything changed since than for gaining skill? I will start with tailoring first as I have no ingots and have not acquired the 120 smith scroll yet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since you are just back.. somebody has to tell ya two things in all honesty..

# 1 - ?

Welcome back! Always like seeing returning players :)

and # 2 - ?

Yeah.. labeled #2 for a reason.. cause it's crappy.. in all honesty there is no reason to be legend smith or tailor anymore except for self satisfaction.. crafted gear is not worth much at all these days sadly. Imbuing dang near killed it off and then Legendary Artifact dropping loot put the death nail in it...

Just wanted ya to know before you trained all the way to 120 in hopes of making some great gear...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing that's really changed, in tailoring, are the way BODs work (point system, now), and the addition of two new armor sets and some deco clothes (that mostly require recipes that drop like minor artifacts in Eodon).

Blacksmithing's only change is to the BOD system (any BOD equal to the ones that had a 90% POF chance can be used for POF, for example).

Tinkering, carpentry, fletching, alchemy, cooking, and inscription all have BODs now, though most of the rewards are worthless (excepting the aprons for cooks, POF Kegs for combining up to 25 POF vials from Tinker, and some of the rewards that duplicate Void Pool items, if you've stockpiled mid-range ingots and wood and want to convert them 3/1 to the next level up).

Most gear is either loot, drops, or made with reforging (though reforging starts with crafted items made out of normal materials with normal tools). The tinker recipes from some of the BOD rewards (formerly last Halloween's reward recipes or point-based items) are somewhat useful (one uses a hat of the magi (even cursed ones) as an ingredient to make glasses with better stats, another makes a ring that is an improved version of the Crystalline Ring, with an additional, chooseable, skill).

Last edited:

Calcutta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awesome thanks for the replies, im currently at 111.8 and slowly gaining. I just want 120 because I never done it before and always wanted to!