• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player Looking for help

BrennenMcSteak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and well met.. I'm a returning player and now wanting to try a new profession in Treasure hunting. (again) Years ago i tried to work the skill and while I am waiting for the new UO enhanced client to load up I am gonna ask these questions:

1) Is there a Great Template to do Treasure maps of all levels with the new treasure hunting changes and what not..

2) Is there still rune library's still holding the spots to these new Treasure marks (playing on Atlantic now)

3) Is it still possible not to have mining and disarm with the spell telekinesis do this still disarm the traps

4) is there a Treasure hunter on Atlantic that will reteach me the rope of treasure hunting

If anyone has any tips for a aspiring treasure hunter please feel free to leave a comment and thx to all for even reading my post

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hail and well met.. I'm a returning player and now wanting to try a new profession in Treasure hunting. (again) Years ago i tried to work the skill and while I am waiting for the new UO enhanced client to load up I am gonna ask these questions:
1) Is there a Great Template to do Treasure maps of all levels with the new treasure hunting changes and what not..
There's still a lot of variations, though tamer or bard variants seem to be the most popular, many of the latter running mysticism instead of magery, for the rising colossus summons.

2) Is there still rune library's still holding the spots to these new Treasure marks (playing on Atlantic now)
No, they're random across all facets now, and pretty much require mining to find (I STILL can't get any of the methods to work that people keep saying cn be used to find map spots, without mining)

3) Is it still possible not to have mining and disarm with the spell telekinesis do this still disarm the traps .
Yes

I'll let someone on Atlantic chime in with #4 for you.

M

Marissa of Atlantic

So I'm returning as well and atm rather frustrated w/the new system. So is there anyway to use the sextant to find the location? Because just trying to find the locations from visuals just isnt cutting it. I dont have room to put 'mining' on this toon, nor the desire to go slugging rocks at this point w/this toon after doing so in the release days on a GM-blacksmith.

The T-hunter is the toon I'd re-up another month for, because I enjoy doing the maps, but I'm on the fence as to whether to upgrade to SA. Now if w/SA I could actually see the locations a little more clearly that might help out.

Atm, Im just visually looking at the map and trying to get into the general area and work from there, but 20-25mins of "you fail to find any treasure" messages just isnt cutting it.

S

Steinkalt

I too have just returned to find that i enjoy tmaps alot. However I have tried to do at least 25 maps and have been able to only find 2. I gave up and got my mining up to 81 last night to only find it equally frustrating. Maybe when i hit 100??? I have SS zoomed in and got uo cart and STILL have trouble with 81 mining on some.

S

Steinkalt

After looking at that link i may have solved my problem that says the actual spot is a little to the right and below the red ball if i am reading it correctly. I was digging on the actual pin mark which im sorry would MAKE SENSE. Is this correct?? the actual treasure is a little below the red ball??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using that method consistently for some months now. I always find the map within a few minutes, my char has 0 mining, she's an elf, so she doesn't even have JoaT

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you use the EC and pinco,s mod you can now scale the tmaps and zoom the world map and it is pretty easy to get the right spot