[Magery] Returning Player LF Help with Magery Build

• Thread starter Obsidianwarlord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
O

Obsidianwarlord

I used to play 5-6 years ago and am returning after a few years of playing other games. I was always a fan of Magery so I'm looking for a strong PvM Magery based build. From the sound of it Necro and Spellweaving, which I haven't had much experience with, can increase your spell damage a lot through different forms or spells. So I'm confused on creating a strong build.

I was thinking something like:
120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Eval Int
120 Necro
120 SS
100 (Spellweaving, Resisting Spells, or Wrestling)

I've seen a build similar on the forums suggested, however I wasn't sure whether not having Resisting Spells or Wrestling would gimp me defensively in a PvM situation. Also having all 3 Magery, Necro, and Spellweaving seems like it would be a lot of spells to manage. Any thoughts on the build or comments on a strong Magery based build would help.

Valheru, Legends Shard

R

RichDC

The Build you mentioned, or add inscrition instead.

They will do the most damage, i would suggest using spellweaving in a purely PvM scenario as there is no cap on PvM Spell damage increase from items so the 10%from scribe can easily be beaten by items..

If you intend to champ in fel(and then the inevitable forced PvP)either resist spells or Inscribe, scribe as the cap in PvPis 15% but scribe give 10%SDI on top.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 29, 2007
105 Necro is sufficient enough to cast Strangle 100% of the time. You wont be using Revenant anyway. If you take SW on that char you might as well summon Pixies :)

I would probably go with the basic
120 Mage <- Maybe leave it at 107 which gives you 100% on 7c spells and use a book to boost it to 120 when you need to do summons
120 Eval
120 Medi
120 SS
105 Necro
80 Anatomy for defensive skill & rest of the points in Focus
or
120 SW (if your skillcap is 720)

G

GFY

You've been gone a while so you may not be aware of mage weapons. These weapons use your mage skill as your defensive skill. Most necro mages use one of these and then make resist spells their last skill.

There are many variations however and try some different ones to see which one best suits your play style