• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player in Need of a lil help

A

A Rev

Afternoon Folks,

Im a recenetly returning player coming back of a long, long break about7years!

Ive reactivated an old account and am in need of some gold,

How much can i get a crook and sword (practice weapons) and also a few items of Newb blessed clothing? And who would like to buy them?

I would like to sell these to give me a little bit of gold to start playing with.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You might can get 45k or so for the two practice items. Not sure on the blessed clothing. One thing you might consider is researching/joining a good guild. Many times, they can hook you up with some starter weapons/armor and give you some good training advice.

Welcome back!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya

I run a guild for new and returning players, and we can certainly help you out with armour and pretty much everything else you need to get started. We have everyone from new players to vets and participate in a wide variety of activities through the game. Oh, and they're all a bit insane, but very nice with it :) If you'd like to, give me a shout here or via PM or find someone in game with a Saor guild tag and ask for me.

Cail

A

A Rev

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I am still training this char but he should be ready magery wise fairly soon. Still so much i dont know about!Looking forward to learning!

I appreciate the offer of guilds and help with items, im not really big on "Charity" hece why i wanted to sell some of those items and get a starting base to work on...having said that, i had a look around Luna today...since when do items go for 10+ mils?

I thought i would be set for life making a mil or 2!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the welcome guys,

I am still training this char but he should be ready magery wise fairly soon. Still so much i dont know about!Looking forward to learning!

I appreciate the offer of guilds and help with items, im not really big on "Charity" hece why i wanted to sell some of those items and get a starting base to work on...having said that, i had a look around Luna today...since when do items go for 10+ mils?

I thought i would be set for life making a mil or 2!

Nah, we don't do charity. We help you, then when you're set up, you can help out some way - pick a new player to help, put some stuff in the resource boxes, whatever; we all help each other and everyone else out and it all balances out somewhere or other :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Prices have become inflated since you left. Don't worry, though - although things cost more nowadays, money is also easier to come by. You'll be making millions in no time (first mil is the hardest).

A

A Rev

Nah, we don't do charity. We help you, then when you're set up, you can help out some way - pick a new player to help, put some stuff in the resource boxes, whatever; we all help each other and everyone else out and it all balances out somewhere or other :)
I will definatly have a think about it.

Re: Returning player in Need of a lil help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prices have become inflated since you left. Don't worry, though - although things cost more nowadays, money is also easier to come by. You'll be making millions in no time (first mil is the hardest).
Ok, how do you go about making this gold?!? Im guessing its something from one of the new dungeons?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, minor artifacts are in higher demand than ever, as many can be turned into relic fragments. Previously, the "talon bite" minor artifact was worthless - perhaps valued at 10k. If you can get an imbuer to turn it into a relic fragment for use (a painless process, that most any imbuer would do for free), you can sell the fragment for between 150-180k on Europa.

Many of the new ingredients sell for around 30k each, as well.

What template are you using? This would help determine what monsters you're best suited to kill.

A

A Rev

At the moment im using a wrestle/scribe/mage

Was a good fun template when i last played. Although i can see scribe using a lot of gold to raise.

Were do these artifacts come from??

A

A Rev

Also i have been checking out these Champion spawns and just got a Scroll of Transcendence for 1.0 item identification, is this worth much?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scrolls of transcendence are worth reasonable gold, but only if it's one of the sought after skills, as in, one that is a bugger to raise, like magery, taming, poisoning, discordance. I'm afraid your item ID isn't so popular :( However, doing the lower level spawns is good for raising your skills and the best way to drop scrolls, so keep going with those. Another good way to raise gold is to hunt despise for the lizzies, since you get spined leather from those, or destard for drakes (horned+scales) or dragons (barbed+scales). Watch out for those greaters tho! You can make nice gold selling bulk leather on a vendor. If you'd like a free spot in our shop, shout. Any of the imbuing ingredients are also good earners, you can get something from most monsters in the SA expansion areas. Feathers are also a good seller, and a good place to hunt those is the harpy cave in ilshenar, spirituality gate, or you can stop off and pick up bone from the dark wisps on the way. Basically, you can sell anything that's a pain in the bum for other players to gather.

Artifacts are paragon drops, mostly. The more you kill, the more likely you are to get one.

Oh, for your scribe, as soon as you can, make spellbooks; it's a little lighter on the gold and you can donate them to the library as you go :)

A

A Rev

Cool, thanks for the info that should help a hell of alot!

I would also like to thank whoever the 4 blues at despise where recently. Never before seen and we finished the spawn and i got a 110 wrestle scroll for it!!!As well as alot of gold when it finished, i think that may be my way of making gold :)

Who, out of interest are GOD Guild??? They didnt like me picking up gold from despise when they dinished it!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although i can see scribe using a lot of gold to raise.
When I try to play around on a new shard, I usually start with a scribe to get some starting money ....
The cheapest route would be:
- start with 49 inscription
- get the new haven skill quest (you have to go to 50 inscription for that one and gets rewarded with an undead slayer spellbook)
- pick out a mage shop of your wish
- start to buy up reags + scrolls for a single scroll (at 49 start with a 4'th circle scroll, you should be able to buy one from the npcs somewhere)
- dont move on to circle 5 until you have around 60% success on those
Gains might be little slow that way, but you will definately have enough gold to buy a full spellbook from another player.
- take a break/choose another mage shop and buy up reagents + scrolls for a circle 5 scroll of your desires
With around 60% success on a scroll type, your always earning money when you sell your scrolls back to the npcs. During inscription your going to train int, medi and focus for free. While your waiting for the npcs to restock you can train eval on them. (Simply use eval and target an npc.)
This way you will have very soon enough gold to buy a simple lrc-suit that will allow you easy training of magery/eval.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Afternoon Folks,

Im a recenetly returning player coming back of a long, long break about7years!

Ive reactivated an old account and am in need of some gold,

How much can i get a crook and sword (practice weapons) and also a few items of Newb blessed clothing? And who would like to buy them?

I would like to sell these to give me a little bit of gold to start playing with.
if you need a nice place to live i got an 18x18 just south of trinsic gate tram, spawn free anf unblocked, gimme a buzz icq 276 556 697

A

A Rev

Thank you all for your offers of help.

The mere offers have made my decision to stay on this shard alot easier! I am starting to amass a little gold now and am wondering...this imbuing ive read about, is anyone yet a master of it and if so, how much would a simple set of jewelry cost?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya, I have 120 Imbuing and would be happy to make you up some jewels/armour :) PM me with the kind of mods you're looking for or if you're not sure just let me know the type of character and I'll sort something out :)

A

A Rev

Hiya, I have 120 Imbuing and would be happy to make you up some jewels/armour :) PM me with the kind of mods you're looking for or if you're not sure just let me know the type of character and I'll sort something out :)
Thank you very much, i have sent a PM to you.