• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player - IDOC's?

Meridian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to reactivate my account today to see what the game is like now.

About two years ago I let my account lapse too long and everything I had was lost. With the exception of the gear that I had on specific characters, and their skills, I am starting from scratch.

I was hoping to catch an IDOC or two on my home server of Sonoma. I spent all of last night roaming around looking for houses in decay. What I found was huge amounts of land and not a single IDOC.

I was wondering if the population on UO has dwindled so much that IDOC's are a thing of the past. Am I witnessing the very end of the game?

Thank you for your time.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back ALT has Idoc's but with the new setup they have its a lot different then what it use to be

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Sonoma has lots of vast space.. over the last few years a lot of people have quit, moved servers. I would not go as far as a look into the end game, but the player base has shrunk. If you are looking for a larger player base, try Atlantic. As an old Sonoma player, the shard will never be what it was, so if that's what you remember and that's what you were hoping to come back to you might want to try starting fresh on the busier servers. Don't get me wrong, Sonoma is still an awesome shard to call home.. great small player base and you don't have to fork over the big gold to get an awesome house spot ;)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh and to stay on subject, there have been some idocs as of recent on Sonoma, they are far and few between but there are happening. Try Atlantic, GL and LS for idocs, may find a few more there. WHen a house reaches In Danger of Falling it will fall at either the 5 hour, 10 hour or 15 hour mark after it turned to idoc. After the house falls you will now notice these stupid little creatures called "grubbers" some have loot from the house and you will have to kill them and get the items. In my experience don't run them over server lines.. they tend to go poof.