• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player from Drachenfels.

T

Timmel

Hey guys i am thinking of returning to Uo after a long time.
i haven't played for a long time and tested every mmorpg in the last years but i had the most fun playing uo because of the great community!!

All my characters are on Drachenfels. I have played for 2 or 3 months in Summer 2010 but the server population is very low and i had to run around alone all the time.

The serverbrowser says that Europe has a bigger population.

I have a tamer, a Nero/mage/Myst and a Melee character but i never played a Bard or treasurehunter.
I am thinking about making a new character on Europe with an Advanced character Token.
Is it worth starting new i mean without Gold or equip or is there no Action ( pvm) like on DF?

Are there any active German Player on Europe?

Ps: Sorry for my bad english i am from Germany and i rarely use english at my Job ;)

K

Kayne

Plenty of PvM activity over here Timmel. I can't answer the german question but I would be surprised if there werent any around

T

Timmel

Plenty pvm activities Sound good!
What do you think of restarting as a Bard with Advanced character Token ? Are Bard Mages still strong and are there any Cheap 100 Lrc suits out there?

O

Ozzmandias

To be honest, I'd sell the advanced char token and use that to buy some gear. The real hard work in all those skills come after GM anyway.

A Provoker Disco Mage would be a nice combo, I have recently created a Discomystic Necroweaver which is a great char to play ;) and, possibly the best name for a template, ever. (Patent Pending)

Trouble is, it's a little item heavy (crystalline ring for a start) but I'm sure you could work out a template with Disco and Provo.

Here's an interesting template that will struggle with mana a bit, with no meditation, but you do have 120 focus. The magery is just for invis really with no eval int, and the occasional rez with a bit of fizzling. Mysticism is the real damager with colossus and disco. You only need mana to finish stuff off with a few hailstorms or bombards.

Disco 120
Music 120
Provo 120
Focus 120
Mystic120
Magery100
(700 points)
Gargoyle Char for Flying with a Colossus down.

And there are plenty on Euro to hunt with, plenty speak German, but to be honest, most speak English and find it's good to be able to practice a language while playing. To be fair your English is better then some of the UK player's English, so I wouldn't worry!

Cheers

Oz

A

Alannah

I'm an active German player!

I just returned to UO and transferred all my stuff to Europa because Drachenfels was too empty for my taste.

Europa isn't the most crowded shard, but there are always a few people around, and there are a lot of vendors where you can buy equipment as well.

T

Timmel

thanks for your replies!

The server population of Europe is highter than the population of DF right?
I have been running around last evening and the only place where i have met other players was at the cu sidhe spawn ... :/

Maybe i should transfer my Mage/Myst/Necro and/or my Tamer to Europe... but the transfer is not very cheap :/

K

Kayne

Timmel, you will always find players at Luna bank. You will always see a few in Haven.

If either of you need a hand give me a shout

T

Timmel

Going to transfer necro from my sammpire to my tamer via soulstone, checking all banks and then transfering both of them to europe!
Find a nice spot for a new house and make an imbuer looks like a very usefull skill ;)

Lfg pvm activities :lick:

K

Kayne

Guilds Timmel now theres something I can help with

Here are a few guilds/guild tags to look out for who can drag you off to a hunt

Saor, D&F (darkness falls) *NF* (night fall), REAP (apocolypse now), PWAL, C|UK (clan uk)
SRC (sosaria red cross), -SM- (shaolin monks - though these are also a light RP guild only just restarted)

T

Timmel

Thanks for the tip with the guilds.
Damn can't equip my Kasa of the Raj-In after the transfer anymore, says its a faction item and i need dont have the correct rank :/
Any1 knows if i could join a faction and then leave it again or do i have to stay in a faction to equip it?

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For faction items, you need to be active in factions. And rightly so. *nod nod*

T

Timmel

Ok thanks i was able to wear the hat before my transfer without beeing in a faction ... Maybe i have to join one just to wear it! i guess i wouldn't have any disadvantage on trammel while beeing in a faction.

Looks like transfering 2 chars was a good idea i have seen more player yesterday evening on Europe than on a whole day on DF.

Going to start my Bard/t-Hunter today /cheers :)

Z

Zluka

I also used to play on DF some 10 years ago. I started fresh on Europa this autumn and compared to here DF is complete ghost town. Been playing there for a month and was utterly bored. Europa all the way!

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

Scrumpy's family is German. They normally pretend to be not so and speak the common language, but that is all fake! So if yer see anybody from SRC around who is not Aron Swordmaster or Muffin, talk to him and yer'll see what I mean.

That reminds me: did I ever tell yer the story of when I was in Doom and met this lich that mumbled "Oh, da ist mein Abendbrot!"? Anyway, 'tis a dull story ...

Yers multilingual
Scrumpy Jack