We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
Hail Guest! Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Also, it helps to know when you left. There might be other areas you haven't experienced (like there's been more content added for people that have the High Seas booster, which acts as a side expansion, not included in the regular expansions).
I have been doing lots of reading and went ahead and purchased it. I think I have been absent from UO for about 10ish years. Never thought I would be a newb to this game that took so much of my time years ago! But I am, I died to a dragon at least 17 times yesterday... Blah! To think I use to pvp! ha!
Remember that a little bit before you left, they added Greater Dragons to the game, and if you were used to the regular ones, the greaters can clean your clock.
A few things that have changed/been added.
1. High Seas - a number of additional ocean encounters, including pirates and merchants (the merchants are a better source of high end ingots than spending the same time mining). IT also comes with a 20% storage boost.
2. Major Treasure Hunter revision. The new level 2s are equivalent to the old level 3s, the new level 3s are the old 4/5. No mining needed, dig distance based on Cart (so better to keep both LP and cart on character), and remove trap used to start the post-dig process (can do it with 0 skill, but still have to start it with the skill gump). Luckily RT doesn't require Detect Hidden anymore.
3. Major Taming changes: Tamers can train pets, increasing many of them to 5 slots, buffing resists & stats, adding more abilities, and using powerscrolls on them.
4. Time of Legends added skill masteries for many combat skills - not just the bard skills - but gaining masteries for the others require things dropped in champs (including the non-fel ones)
5. Reforging is Runic Crafting on steroids - uses Imbuing skill, targeting already-made normal base metal items, and consumes multiple charges off a runic. You get some category control on the crafting, and some desirable properties only come from lower runics. But you can get overcapped stuff.
6. If you get HS and the other storage boosts, your house will have 60% more capacity, and each bank box can hold 175 items.
7. There's now a dragon Turtle champ, and Barracoon is now just known as "The Piper", after people finally realized 20 years into the game the origin of the word (in addition to the potentially offensive contraction for him people used).
8. There's a Trammel Khaldun, with its own special champion-like fight.
9. The Ilshenar Garg city is gone, and in its place the Exodu super-champ.
If you are restarting an old account with a tamer, do not sell any old pets or use any old pets! Some of them may be priceless and others completely useless. Ask here or in taming forum first before you do anything with them, especially if you decide to sell anything to anyone!