• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player advice

Terito

Visitor
Hello everyone!

So a couple-few of us are some returning players, reviving old accounts, etc. Thought I would ask some advice from all of you great people. Most of my characters I logged in completely naked left somewhere random in a forest, no gear at all, even my runebooks are gone #sadDay

They have their skills to the extent their templates are still viable, but what would you guys suggest to start building stuff back up?

I plan to re-roll on atlantic and pvp there down the road, but for now we are on pacific, its super dead, which means we cant even farm money and buy gear cuz there's just not much in the way of stocked vendors around, nor anyone to sell stuff to in order to make money.

I have a mage who (I enrolled him in VVV to replace his faction artys LOL) has a decent set of gear now, what would anyone recommend to start getting a foothold of building up stuff again? It feels like with no luck gear decent items from mobs are pretty super rare, and we dont have the gear to go farm doom or peerless or champ spawns, so just curious how to start getting back into things :D

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like your accounts were hacked and stripped... it was a big deal a few years ago of the bad element to fish for account info... Sorry you were hit.
As for rebuilding.. in a way it might be a good thing in the end... tell us the shard and one of our friends here might be able to help in learning the new ways of the game.

Terito

Visitor
Yeah, can't be that mad at it, I'm sure I lost just as much losing my houses(soulstones ethys dye tubs etc etc), and that was entirely my fault.

We are playing on Pacific

We have some tamers that have their pets, thinking about getting some weak LRC and taking them out to get started, just dont know whats worthwhile to farm these days, but we will find something

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, can't be that mad at it, I'm sure I lost just as much losing my houses(soulstones ethys dye tubs etc etc), and that was entirely my fault.

We are playing on Pacific

We have some tamers that have their pets, thinking about getting some weak LRC and taking them out to get started, just dont know whats worthwhile to farm these days, but we will find something
You might want to check out the bazaar stalls in New Magincia and see what people are looking to buy through the stalls for bulk resources as an idea of some things you might want to farm to start with.

Terito

Visitor
Never even heard of that, but I will find that and go look around! Thanks

Any suggestion for good choices for 20 anniv tokens? I got my eye on a few :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they want more difficult to get resources you might try your hand at doing the Trade Quests in cities... not only do you get gold, the city gets gold and they often pay out in pinks, resources, and/or signs which you can turn around and sell both the pinks and the signs.

Terito

Visitor
Will check that out also, sounds neat! Pinks are alacrity scrolls? If so, neato! I'm excited to get home and return to the adventure! lol

Classic or Enhanced client?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Will check that out also, sounds neat! Pinks are alacrity scrolls? If so, neato! I'm excited to get home and return to the adventure! lol
Alacrity scrolls are blue. The pink ones are called Transcendence scrolls.

Alacrity = Your skill gain rate is increased for 15 minutes when you train that skill.

Transcendence = You are just given a certain amount of skill points automatically. The lowest is 0.1 and the highest is 5.0

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classic or Enhanced client?
Try both and see what you like best. I prefer the Classic. Also, the Classic client can do higher resolutions in window mode now. I have mine set to 1280x720. The Halloween event is still on in sorceress dungeon (think that's the name). Should be enough time to get some points for rewards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I prefer the aditional functionality of the EC coupled with Pinco's UI... for a tamer/THunter/ or Fisher it's no contest.

For PvP it can be either or... there are advantages and disadvantages to both clients. Some find the EC doesn't work on the ancient hardware of an old PC... but I find with my more modern computer the EC runs better. However I'll argue that neither really run well and I would rather not start another EC vs CC debate.

However I will offer that if you want to give the EC a serious go I am always willing to help set it up properly with Pinco's UI and teach it's finer points.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MInd you if you have High Seas ... The merchant ships and pirate ships might be a idea for some resources too. T maps , Sos's ... there are lots of ways to gain resources.
The fun is finding your own path.