• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Played wondering...

L

loopdeloop

edit: totally read my title... I put returning "played" I meant player.

So I grew bored with pretty much every other RPG i could play... Aion, I'm not korean so I guess it's not that appealing. WoW...Glad 2 seasons, only played for 3 seasons? what a joke.

Decided to come back and try UO after a 6 year break what with SA being released...WOW what a change...

I figured I'd restart on atlantic as none of my stuff is any good, there're arties and stuff, and it's just a much more item based game now. definately different then the expo comboing, syncing, days of pre-tram.

Well, my ultimate goal is to make a faction mage, I don't think I could play a dexxer...

I was talking to some people at Yew gate in fel, and they recommended mysticism (No Idea what this is, looks OP from what I could read about spell descriptions)...

So I guess I'm looking for a template, and since 8x8 is dead, maybe a site that explains the best way to powerlevel the skills?

Something like

Mage
eval
med
myst
resist
wrestling?

Again, I have no clue what's new.

And how much farming would I need to do to get a decent PvP suit? I heard you can get the faction arties for silver or something, so that'd be cool.

W

wee papa smurf

You'll need focus if your going with mysticism,

uoguide.com has all the info you will need for training

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop wrestling for focus and run with a mage weapon you have the same effect.

As for skill gaining just get a 100% LRC suit with as much mana regen and LRC and start casting. I found that I tend to gain faster when working my skills in Fel.

R

ReaperNI

Mysticism is the new flavor of the month the "spell plauge" essentaly put out about 60 dmg in a matter of seconds. you hit the guy with spell plauge does about 20-25 dmg next any dmg this target takes i think within 5 or so secs will fire off the next two ticks of dmg next being stronger and third being strongest. look something like this

Spell Plauge 20-25 dmg

magic arrow 2-5 dmg
Hit spell Plauge 23-26 dmg

magic arrow 2-5 dmg
Hit spell Plauge 26-30 dmg

this is annoying template to fight and one of the best mage template atm.

oh and you got this small pet called a rising colousos (mind my spelling) anyways summons a giant mystical beast that basicly is the str of a greater dragon.

TYR