• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning/New Player Questions

I created a new account a few days ago. I just managed to get back into my account from 20 years ago. Before I touch anything I want some advice.

1. I have a stable full of pets. White Wyrm, Mare, Dragon (can't remember if G Dragons were a thing. I named them so I don't know which I have. How do I tell?). Are these pets from 20 years ago worth anything? Should I do this new training thing? I read that people like prepatch WW's, but I don't know why.

2. Any items I should be looking for and not throwing away? House and most stuff is gone, but 5 toons with bank items. Most seems like junk today, but don't want to throw out something that is no longer available and could sell to someone collecting things and has too much money. Nothing I have has the new prized, antique, etc... I have some undead slayers with SSI and DI axes. For some reason I cannot remember I have about 30 wands with identification charges.

3. Any general advice if you yourself had logged in for the first time after 20 years. What things would you check before deleting, changing, etc...? Builds? NOTE: I am currently on satellite with .5 upload. Getting that changed, but until I do I will focus on PVM to build up some cash and gear. Should have decent internet sometime this month.

Also (General)

1. So much is new to me. I am reading and experimenting a lot so not too bad off, but as I train I am seeing loot that I have no idea if it is decent or not. I can play with my build, but what should I be keeping for sale, etc...? Are people still using artis? Which ones? Or is it all crafted now and/or loot? Still the standard DCI, HCI, LMC or things like FC/FCR? I see so many things now and caps are higher than they used to be for skills/stats so I just don't know how people are outfitting today.

2. I made a crafter, a peace/tamer (will stone and trade off prov, etc...), and a sampire. I'll mainly use my sampire. Is that still a thing? Any specific gear recommendations?

Thanks in advance and feels good to be back!

Here are some screen shots of the WW. I have my mare and others, but I hear most about WW. And he eats gold. That is normal to me, but just heard this may not be true on new WW's?

WW.png ww2.png ww3.png

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't sell/train any pets till you understand the new system. Prepatch pets can be fairly valuable. Train them on TC or use bad pets to start. Me and several others wrote a write up on what's good loot now. I'll see if I can find the link when I get home. Don't toss anything yet, you never know what's worth a lot now.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Identification wands only have value as rares now. Check on the Rares forum to see their value.

Greater Dragons only came about around a dozen years ago, so you won't have any of them.

The WW and mares are pre-patch, and depending on stats could be very valuable.

Lastly: Be prepared for Satellite to suck, if you've ever used anything better than dialup to play. Because of Satellite having to go to ORBIT AND BACK (each way), it has a built-in latency rate (ping time) worse than 56k dialup. It doesn't matter much for PvM (you can live with 400ms-500ms lag in PvM, but will die more than someone with 50-100ms lag), but you probably will want to move any characters in Fel to the other Facets and leave them there.

Learn about insurance, how it works, and start using it once you have enough gold, but only on newer stuff or rare items.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Solving the satellite problem next week. Its annoying to walk three steps and freeze over and over.
Can you tether 4g? I know your pain, I live in the mountains. Luckily we got cable a few years ago. I found 4g ping and speed to be better than satellite.

I've got someone coming out to do a survey on Wednesday. Its line of sight and I happen to live in the middle of the country surrounded by cornfields. The closest tower is just 3 miles and it should be no problem. I have high hopes. Now if I can just get a subscription on my old account so I can get bank access, buy a house and buy a token to change shards. Driving me crazy and support is useless.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've got someone coming out to do a survey on Wednesday. Its line of sight and I happen to live in the middle of the country surrounded by cornfields. The closest tower is just 3 miles and it should be no problem. I have high hopes. Now if I can just get a subscription on my old account so I can get bank access, buy a house and buy a token to change shards. Driving me crazy and support is useless.
You have to create an EA master account, then link your UO account to it.

You have to create an EA master account, then link your UO account to it.

The problem is I did that and it tells me that is an invalid account. That is when doing the link option. When I try to create an EA account with the same name as the UO account it tells me an EA account already exists which I am sure is mine from forever ago. But I have no idea what email and it won't tell me. Just that a password reset email was sent. I need UO to change my login or EA to get me access. Both apparently took the week off.

I got in. I don't know how. I emailed a ton of people. This morning when I logged into EA it didn't ask me what account I wanted to link. Instead it had the option to link the account I was after. WIN

Brandtson

Visitor
Hey, Xris: did you ever find the link to that write-up? I'd love to see it.

Don't sell/train any pets till you understand the new system. Prepatch pets can be fairly valuable. Train them on TC or use bad pets to start. Me and several others wrote a write up on what's good loot now. I'll see if I can find the link when I get home. Don't toss anything yet, you never know what's worth a lot now.